Parramatta New Years Day

ausfisher

ausfisher is going to fish parramatter river .good luck. its an amazing spot middle of the city and some really big fish .it does however take some learning as does all fishing.light lines to start with.maggots go well with the rod benders ,but big baits for big fish .let us know how you go .cheers macbilly

what size do the carp go to down under lads, and it may sound daft but do you have the same species there as we have here :?:

Hiya, the biggest common I can verify as being genuine was a 40lb 12oz specimen from South Oz, I've seen koi to mid thirty and know of one of 33lb being caught here in WA. I've had a koi of 26lb 12oz - my biggest Aussie carp to date. Mirrors are rare, maybe 1 : 1000 in some waters, and leathers I've never seen or heard of :shock:

There are some very big commons in Oz, but because of the negative view many have here of carp, captures most often go unrecorded and unreported in order to protect them and their venues :roll:

Hope this helps?

Regards

Andy