Abbey Lakes(fox or Heron)?

caspa1705

I have now been carp fishing for 3seasons and am looking at booking france for 2011!After alot of research and talking to carpers on the bank its looking like abbey lakes could be the 1 to go for.

I am posting this message to hopefully get some info,tips,reports or news or the simple replys as to people saying why i should or shouldnt go there!

p.s im looking @ going over there in april/may & think fox could be the better option as i fish mainly smaller lakes in england.

Any replys would be much appreciated.

hi caspa, had a look over at these lakes, heron used to be a stock lake i beleive, its supposed to be rammed with 20's and a splatering of 30's, to much of a runs water for me pal, but can't knock you for going if you like runswaters, i think fox would be more suited to myself, let me know how you get on pal and all the best :lol:

Cheers for that.Im actually going with my brother who is 80%-20% in favour of going to vallee lakes.I know they have a really good website which could draw u in & also has some really bad reviews but also some good ones.Its now looking like it could be the flip of a coin before we book in the next couple of weeks.Have u fished vallee or know any one who has?

fished it a few times an would rate this place,as for a runs water,use to be but fox an heron have wised up!there is some cracking fish in both lakes,me i would go on fox.my best there is 42lb.tothrow a spanner in the works they opened the cat lake up now for carp[kingfisher]which is fishing like fox /heron when the place first opened.the main runs one there is called attilla.that fishes well well for doubles /low twentys but why go to france for that?fox or heron mate,deffo fox.for more infro go on there site[abbey lakes] or put it in you tube for results.korda filmed a dvd on there to.my rating is 8/10 pal.they av a tackle shop,cold beers,showers good staff an even drop a snack of at your peg.oh try there website an look at the 72lb carp in gallerys,also a few 60 plus from fox to 69lb.