places to chase carp in sydney ?

dazza01

G'day Mate and welcome to the Aussie section!

Sydney has some places of interest for sure and I know that some guys on here have a lot of fun 'chasing' carp in and around Sydney. I'm sure some of them may be able to give you advice but may need convincing of your motives? It is very secret squirrel until bonafides can be established! :wink:

Catch and release is the name of the game on this forum whilst also abiding by the relocation of noxious fish rules according to the NSW DPI. :D

I'll be in Sydney in the new year, 1st and poss 2nd week of Jan so might be able to point you in the right direction then....

Take it easy,

Ben.

G'day Mate,

Well the nepean is on your doorstep, opp the rowing centre even guesting the rowing centre is a good place to start. Don't know if you are looking for exact spots, but I can tell you that you won't really get that info. It's a case of exploring known areas.

I've been reading Oz freshwater fishing mags while over here and they go into specific details of where, how, when etc. This is not how carpers approach angling really imo especially as the Aus scene is in it's pioneering infancy. We can give you basic areas to try but as to specifics...

But here are a few known areas.......manly dam, cattai, nepean system(anywhere freshwater even brackish, bigger fish harder), hawkesbury same as nepean. Few others around Sydney but I'll let the boys who fish it regularly get on here if they want to spill some beans! :)

Feel free to post reccie reports, catch reports, photo's....I know I will be when I finally get a rod in the water!! Enjoy the adventure because you don't get that too much in the heartlands of the UK/euro scene it's all on a plate. This is wild fishing.

I've been sussing some Gold Coast/Logan/Albert River area's at the moment and it is hard work. I'll report back soon after Chrimbo.

Tight lines and take it easy,

Ben