Fisherwick Lichfield Lakes

Used to fish it many moons ago and it was great place for abit of fishing, but when i visited the place last year i was very disspointed with how the place has gone, 3 of us fished the match lake, and had 1 carp and 1 bream to show for it, not good for a match lake! I cant relly comment on the syndicate lake but from what i can gather its the venue going down hill not the match lake (the new owner/managment are only has interested in the trout lake now) :wink:

Same as above ,used to fish it years ago the baliff is nice enough but hasnt got a clue about carp fishing.cheap enough for a season last time i was on it mite be worth the odd weekender when you fancy a change ,get the marker out theres a huge hole you want to avoid on the right hand side of the pool from the road side ,try and get on the edge of it but not in it :shock: could always tempt a fish from the small bay that used to be the snags not sure what its like now but have had some nice fish out in the past,good look if you do give it a go. :wink:

I took out a membership few months ago just as the speci lake shut up shop.Ive only took 4 fish out and try to get over there once a week for the day.Its a small lake and been told it gets very busy during the summer and they only allow 6 anglers per night,you have to prebook too.

The match lake is also very quiet they have a silverfish contest on there every sunday and last weekend no one caught a fish.I fished it on a maggot feeder and couldnt buy a bite its very hard going when you cant get a take on maggot.

I should imagine problems occuring during the summer months on the specimen lake with anglers casting lines over each other as there could be over 50 lines in the water at a time.Been told as well its peggy as the best swims are along the trout bank

Best thing for me its local

I was a member 3 years ago and i used to fish all the pools. It was greatthen - id have ton up bags out of the match pool. Biggest on pole went 18lb! Back then they were gradually removing the better stamp carp out the match lake into the speci lake. I never caught on that lake at all, Ive seen just a couple of fish taken. Theres a big barr down the bottom end 40 yards out - thats where they are im told. Personally id get to know the smaller pools there s biggish carp in those lakes!

well Ffinger - theres sheepy magna and market bosworth has got a place -friedslands. Both let you nightfish within an hour of you...Im a member in birchmore ac - owwn a lot of natural lakes that are part of the anker river system. Partly why i bought a house down here. These are true blue old carp. Reall nomadic and can be tricky to catch. Id rather catch these fish than stockies any day. Nightfishing is allowed and youve got about 15 miles of river and lakes and canals to go at. all for a £20 per annum ticket!The lamb ac in tamworth have some lakes and the opposite sideson the lakes i fish. They let you night fish aswell.

• 1 year later...
well Ffinger - theres sheepy magna and market bosworth has got a place -friedslands. Both let you nightfish within an hour of you...Im a member in birchmore ac - owwn a lot of natural lakes that are part of the anker river system. Partly why i bought a house down here. These are true blue old carp. Reall nomadic and can be tricky to catch. Id rather catch these fish than stockies any day. Nightfishing is allowed and youve got about 15 miles of river and lakes and canals to go at. all for a £20 per annum ticket!The lamb ac in tamworth have some lakes and the opposite sideson the lakes i fish. They let you night fish aswell.

i think sheep magna has stopped doing 24h tickets i think it's just days only now

• 2 years later...

I recently finished my member ship over time the pool has been destroyed the specimen pool has around 11 carp in total and all other fish were moved out and put in the runs water very stupid I know but since people catch reports are none existent I was there when he 28 lbs came out but I would only say it was 25 it was a night catch so not much evidence the bayliff bob is to faced and the owner Peter Jackson is beyond crazy will talk behind your back and never sorts problems there was a guy who was really ill that fished there who finished because of people stirring gossip not a pleasent surrounding keep your money and find other fishery hat advice is to any one you been warned :evil::evil::evil::evil:

• 1 month later...

It's got nothing to do with you being banned from the pool has it hulk . There are carp galore in the pool well over 30 20lbers and now the cat's have gone in 12 of them upto 41lb there's even more to go at . Well worth a visit fellow carpers . Very friendly atmosphere and pete & bob always willing to help in any way .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...