Threading Sillicone Rig Tubing

shavings

Hi all , Ive been having a lot of problems recently with threading sillicone rig tubing onto my mainline . Has anyone got any hints or tricks that make this easier, i always seem to get around halfway through when it decides to block or the line kinks. Have tried a few methods including blowing spit through the tubing to help the line to slide none were 100% successful everytime.

Many thanks in advance

Tight Lines!

As Fosco said, a tube threader is the gadget. They used to use them years ago for threading the elastic through the tip sections in poles. It's a very slim section of wire, probably about three/four feet long with a loop on one end. Tie your line onto the loop, thread the other end through your tube and just pull it all through.... excellent bit of kit :wink:

spitting on it is the worst thing you can do,if the line is dry and so is the tubing you wont have a problem.

mono should not be a problem unless your using less than 10lb line.

with braid you need a line threader.

you may be using silicone rubber tubing instead of rig tubing which is slightly more ridgid this could be the cause of your problem

I use 12 lb daiwa sensor. I never really have too many problems with doing it. As long as your line is in good condition and the tubing is fairly new it should go through easily. Also when your threading it through make sure the end of the line is cleanly cut. :D