Borrow Pit, Tamworth

• 2 weeks later...

The lamb has loads of water by me near amington and shuttington aswell. Loads of pike at thje mo in shuttington - i had a cou[ple of tens last couple of weeks and jacks. Great for a 2-3 hour sesh - keep on the move and stay warm Carp n borrowpit will be hard this time of year to say the least! LEAVE IT TIL NEXT YEAR!!

The river ankers good in amington for a mixed bag. Good chub omn the right pegs. Hey barbel to 13 lb now too! sssshhh!!

its a mixed fishery - its got a lot of potential as a venue its huge and deep. Theres mainly roach, perch skimmers, bream and good pike and good carp. Dont expect to bag up on carp - there fairly few and its peggy for them aswell. they run big up to thirty or so pounds. this time of year its really hard and in the summer it can produce well on cerain pegs - 2-3 fish is a good day. TRY BY THE STREAM , AND THE RESERVE.

• 3 months later...

Well we had low pressure, warmer water, fishing facing a warm SW Wind and rain! All great! No fish though! During the day the tuftys took a liking to my red fish boilies even in 8 feet of water!! They really are efficient at finding bait!

5 RODS between me and my pal but not a sniff! Thats my 3 rd blank in a row on 3 hard carp waters - Elfpord Shutty and borrowpit!

Next session is at Mineral lakes for a few guarenteed fish and a restore on confidence!

Bah.....!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah im disdsapointed with the way the shutty lake has gone. The older bigger fish are in fishy heaven now. Theres estimated to be a dozen or so of the older fish. The restocking over a 2 year period included around 50 or so fish. Mainly 7-8 lb with some larger. The Cov lake / river is a better bet across the road..

Borrow pit is fishing OK - My pal had 3 gorgeous commons to 16.5 lb during the day. Lovely looking fish...I saw loads of them too so thingfs looking up. I definitely saw mugfish aswell and its nice to see so many fish after the floods a while back.

• 2 years later...

Is anybody fishing this place at the moment? Ive just moved over here and that lake is very local, i can still fish my other lakes as i havnt moved far but as this is on my door step it could be handy for a few sessions on there.

A few questions i have is;

Is it owned by a club or is it a day ticket water? i read things about a club and then you can still fish it on a day ticket?

Are there any nice carp in there, ive read about a 30 but also read that isnt there no more, not sure if it died or got free in a flood or something?

Ive also read alot about thefts and what not, but this is from imformation 2 or 3 years ago, has it changed and became safer since?

And what are the local anglers like? I have read in some places that they don't like it when other people catch a carp.

Any information would be appreciated (obviously not looking for what bait where to fish etc, just if its worth havig a dabble in there)

Thanks again, Ross.

I live across the road from it mate,

It's not reay worth fishing tbh, 1 30 that comes out like 8 times a year and maybe a handfull of 20s ! The car park is safe and te locals will be fine with you, you wot have no probs!

The lamb own it but it is also day ticket get a lamb ticket and you can night fish on there!

Cheers

Joe

I live across the road from it mate,

It's not reay worth fishing tbh, 1 30 that comes out like 8 times a year and maybe a handfull of 20s ! The car park is safe and te locals will be fine with you, you wot have no probs!

The lamb own it but it is also day ticket get a lamb ticket and you can night fish on there!

Cheers

Joe

Ahh awesome, thanks for that, i usualy see cars parked there at night so thought night fishing would be available, but im not really interested in night fishing that lake, i would like to fish it for a couple of hours before work or something.

Does a baliff come round to collect money off you if you go day ticket?

Thanks for your help. Ross.