Day ticket / Syndicate near Worksop

jbraud

Hi Folks,

I've had a little mooch around the forum but couldn't find anything so I thought I'd post (my first one at that).

I've recently moved into the area round Worksop and would like to find a decent water to fish. Admittedly I'm quite new to the sport and have not caught much.

I have tried Shireoaks twice in the past month or so and blanked both times (along with everyone else basically). I also recently went to Bain Valley Fisheries in Tattershall Thorpe and got 1 carp, 1 run and a few bites which was quite fun for the novice.

What I'm looking for is a decent venue within say 10 - 20 miles at most, or even local to Worksop, that's going to be alright this time of year (or all year round preferably), either day ticket or annual ticket.

Any ideas?

Jon.

Hello & welcome to the forum.

Sorry, i can't help with the question as it's not my area.

Don't worry too much about the blanks, it's a difficult time of year on most waters. It doesn't mean they can't be caught, but it does usually take far more effort & patience.

I keep hearing good things about Shireoaks. I'm just a little burned from blanking twice in a row (not to mention everyone else on the lake catching little to nothing) but I know I can't let it put me off.

What suggestions do you have for fishing Shireoaks? Especially this time of year?

I'm interested in hearing more about Lakeside, what sort of tactics/bait work there this time of year?

Thanks for the responses guys.

• 2 years later...

Hey i fish shireoaks a lot. I used to fish the bottom lake but now fish the top in the summer first thing in morning and just before the sun sets get a zig on top with some bread. As soon as u see a fish put it on its head. Worked plenty of times for me. Also dont ignore the margins ive had my p.b from there not massive it was 19lb.12oz but more than welcome.i normally fish most weekends. If u like drop me a message next time your going n ill see if our lass will let me out lol. Tight lines