Carp Fishing Waters Birmingham South Staffs Area

• 3 years later...

pens hall run by fosters of birmingham i think and theres one lake in water orton not sure whats it called also hams hall

heres a list of day ticket venues that might be worth alook

these my top 11 lakes in the west midlands area

1.cuttle mill

2.Barston lake

3.pool hall

4.Earlswood (easy water)

5.lavender hall (on the small side no bigger then a acers or 2!!)

6.kingsbury water park (pine pool)

council run lakes can be a bit dodgy!!

1.Kingshurst babbs mill

2.shard end lake

3.sutton park (blackroot)

4.salford (Not sure what in there anymore)

5.lifford lake cotteridge

hope this helps

don't bother with babbs mill in kinghurst as i hear people are taking the fish out and putting them in shard end, i live local to shard end and wouldn't fish it, it also lost a lot of fish when it flooded, and personally, i like my tackle so i wouldn't go there unless there was a few of you !

on kingshurst the shard end lads have been takeing fish out of the lake for years and for that matter many of the other park lakes in birmingham, and on beaver the lake in water orton whould not surprice me at all if some of the fish had been taken!! i think its quite a big problem and really. i have caught well over 50 fish from kingshurst in the past 5years so i do think there is still a decent head of fish in the lake i was a local on there but have moved away from area so have not been down there for a while.

50 fish in 5 years out of shard end...well done m8, i was down kingshurst a couple of times last year, not fishing myself but a few friends were, there was always other people on there and for some reason every1 was blanking ? my friends were doin nights on there, 1 mornin they woke up and seen someone in a dingy, rowing out to the island to nick eggs ? naturally they started throwing stones at the person doing it, that alone tells me the eastern europeans have had the fish out and are looking on there next meal, eggs ! there is an old saying you've probaly heard m8, " if u wanna catch a kingshurst carp, go fish shard end lake !" just out of interest, what you had out of kinghurst ? any lumps ?

no mate i had over 50 fish out of kingshurst!!! the fish in there i whould say on average are between 12lb -17lb but saying that with all the weed in there and the natural food off it, they are getting bigger i have only ever had one 20 plus fish out of there and it was a big common

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...