Whats Weston Lawns fishing like.??

I've booked 3 pegs for myself and 2 mates, going to get their before 6am hopefully to get a full day in.

If it goes well then i may plan in a nights fishing for the following weekend.

Dont card if the weather man says its going to chuck it down either :D

Do you have any plans for saturday.?

Match Lake (top)

This lake is around 3 acres in size

Due to the water being fairly murky, the fish in here tend to be pale compared to those in the bottom lake. Also as matches are held here the water see alot of bait, in turn making the fish weigh alot more for their size. There is also a large stock of ghost carp in this lake which i have caught from 1lb upto a stunning 13lb linear, my largest from this lake is a lean 24lb common, which used to be the match lake record and still is for common carp on this lake. The record for this lake is a 27lb mirror which has now dropped in weight and seems to be at the end of it's day .

The fish in here seem to be of a smaller average than the gravel pit, but there are also plenty of doubles to go at. Other species include roach upto 3lb, tench, bream, perch and chub. Matches are held on most sundays, normally bookable by angling clubs. The lake seems to be an average depth of 4 or 5 feet, but deepens upto 8ft in places, with a large island which is accessable from most of the swim nearest the entrance. There are also two large sets of reeds, at the entrance, and also opposite. These provide a place for the fish to 'hang out', and surface baits work well here in the margin.

Gravel Pit (bottom)

This lake is around 4 acres in size

The water is crystal clear, which makes stalkin and surface fishing thrilling, as you can constantly spot the fish with ease. This in turn makes the fish alot darker.

I prefer this lake to the match, as the fish are really lean and fight really hard. There seems to be an absense of small carp here, (below 5lbs) and the averages size is around 9lbs. The lake includes many features including, reed beds, lily pads, weed beds, gravel bars and several plateaus. Most swims contain a feature to which is accessable. The main feature on the lake is a plateau, which shallows upto 6ft on it's crest with a depth of 20ft around it. This is accesable from the 'spit' swim which points out into the lake, it is the swim down from the end car park. A 40 yard cast to the set of reeds to the left of a jetty on the far bank will have you comfortably fishing on it.

The lake record mirror comes out just under 30lbs, whilst the record common is held by myself at 27lbs 1oz :D ( https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20348&highlight=27lb+1oz ) . And the biggest mirror i have witnessed was caught by a friend at 25lb 9oz ( https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20547&highlight=25lb+9oz )During the summer months fishing on the surface is definately the most productive, and during winter zig rigs can provide just as much action, and are the only rig i can get to work when others are blanking :wink:

I have also had roach to over 2lb and chub to over 4lb from this lake, and there are also some nice perch which can bee seen scaring the living daylights out of fry. There are aslo some small bream which don't usually bother you ubless you try ledgered sweetcorn when i can't stop catching them. :lol:

For both lakes i have found the best boilie to be dynamite baits spicy shrimp and prawn, preferable freezer baits for my prefered styles of fishing due to them being easier to crumble. I like using a pva stick of this boilie crumb about 3" long with a single bottom bait on the hook. For zig rigs a bright pineapple boilies scores highly.

Prices

Adult. 1 rod - £5

Concession - £3

extra rod - £2

Rules

-Take all litter home with you

-A swivel must be used on all carp rigs, excluding freelining

-No nuts or beans to be used

-All fish are the property of mill farm and are not to be removed

-Vechiles are left at the owners risk

-Enjoy yourself :lol:

You should also never ignore the margins on both lakes, as these areas are regularly patrolled by carp and all three of my 20s - 27lb 1oz, 24lb 6oz and 21lb 2oz have come from within a rod length out.

i hope this helps as i have given away as much as i know :wink:

tight lines

courtney

Maybe i'll see you down there :D

Well i fished it and blanked, my mates son got a 12 and a chap a few pegs down got plenty around the 12-15lb mark, from talking to people their ar 3 hotspots there where the fish lie.

They suffer alot with hooligans overnight :( dont think ill bother going back

Well i fished it and blanked, my mates son got a 12 and a chap a few pegs down got plenty around the 12-15lb mark, from talking to people their ar 3 hotspots there where the fish lie.

They suffer alot with hooligans overnight :( dont think ill bother going back

i heard about gippos going down and nicking peoples tackle but i dunno whether its true

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

hi all i was there about a month back now and the first night three people on the lake had tackle stolen rods from pods etc and the second time i went as it was getting dark i heard movement in the trees behind and saw two blokes sitting there in the dark, also there was rubbish everywhere and the owner lets his dogs run around causing the dog mess on the pegs situation and ref the thirty i have also been told that it was 27 at most and many locals seem to think that the large lake may have been netted :(

i been fishing the place pretty regularly and I heard the baliff tell 2 people that every other fish is over 20 pounds what a load of balls! every other fish is below 10 i don't think I have ever seen a fish over 20 come out of there!! as for tackle being stolen that is true have spoke to a few people who have have woken up and everything outside of the bivvy has gone! I am gonna take a guess and say it is the gypo's which are on a site 5 miles up the road! ( they also stole the drain covers out the side of the road all round the area!!) in my opinion is ok for a day fish but wouldn't risk it over night.

• 1 month later...

Stoogi! We must of had it really good when we were there then, we went for a meet up around July last year and apart from the BS about the size of fish and a few numpties on the middle pool (only for the first night thankfully) we had a great time (well i did) nothing massive caught but plenty of them and as it was more for the social side of things we didnt really care about the size of fish, the lake's were very well kept, clean and tidy and no dog mess at all, out of all the fish that we had i think only 1 had slight mouth damage, and some of them were going to grow into some very pretty fish :wink:

don't get me wrong mate can be good up there just obviously the tackle thieves put me off from fishing it at night, otherwise me and my mate are there pretty much every weekend!

Think I have only fished the middle pool once and like you say was great sport! biggest was 14 definetly easier than the top pool! me and my mate have been blanking alot over the winter think my best day was 4 bream lol!

Me and Stoogi were on the top pool, think we were there for 5 days/nights and luckily we had the pool to ourself for nearly all of it apart from a couple of people doing the odd short evening session on there and one couple for the first night were also on there, Had a few walkies come through (from over the canal bank) but never feard for my tackle "fishing" there were romours that alot of the fish had grown legs and walked across the road into the new lake thats just opened, did they net it this winter like the website says??