Willesley Lake with Map

nealy_uk

Hi Chaps, i know there is a number of posts on Willesley Lake in Ashby, but im hoping this is a little different.

Im going early doors this sunday and wanted to do a little research before (if this is wrong or in the wrong place please move / remove)

I usually fish where i marked A and park just to the left on the main rd, ive usually had blanks but some decent bream, is the line marked B a shallow area?

Where would the best peg to be in relation to the map as im pretty new to the area, any help is much appreciated

willesley.jpg

Before you even get your kit out of the car, you need to walk around and look for any sign of activity, one peg may produce one day and then no the next (fish can swim about and move, you see!)

When you have found the fish, this is where you should be setting up, and always be ready to move on if the fish do, dont sit there convincing yourself that they will come back, they might but they also might not :wink:

my tips would be look what the wind was for the past few days and are going to be, then go from there.

When arriving. walk around look for showing fish

Also speak to anglers see whats coming out, i usually find certain parts produce better, sometimes i notice a few swims get a good hit as the fish are moving through etc

Lastly when on your swim marker out and find them sweet spots, i usually have a map of each swim so i dont disturb. but thats upto you

hi mate im fishing it this sunday too any where away from the island is shallow ie from about peg 8 to peg 1 being the most shallow hope this helps you mate

Carl, pop over and say hi, il be there with my old man, should be under a Daiwa brolly lol

i will do mate once were all sorted and set up

well had a blank yesterday, but it was a lovely day :shock:

I seemed like no body was catching, but i did get to play with the Maver Genesis that my mrs bought me :shock: i was really impressed however the 3.0TC got some getting used to, but for a beginner and 30 squid much impressed!

Carl how did you get on?

DEADLY!

I fished the peg closest to the island as it was only a short session.

Which tend to be the better pegs there? Im thinking of doing an overnighter pretty soon too, what bait seems to be working well?

Ive fished zigs with Flouro Pop ups, 10mm which choc boilies, Dynamite squid and octopus on a snowman with a 10mm pineapple pop up and just plan squid and octo also and had nothing.

any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...