anyone fished plantation lake lately

scottk

mate very difficult just got back today after 72 hour session... we where in a good swim... there were 36 lines in the water from sunday and only 1 fish on the bank. Either clever fish or we were all are crap. To much pressure and way to much bait going in people spodding and bait boats going everywhere. nice lake to look at lots of fish showing but no buzzers buzzing.

unlucky mate,but thats the only downside to furnace lakes,it does get busy :(

from what i understand you have to book in advance to get on plantation lake and it holds some lumps in there,but think the fish have wised up because it's over-fed.

i did a recent 24 hour there and got talking to a few people and from what i can gather the one to get on is kiln lake.

although the bailiff said that the pond is always a good one too.

• 5 months later...
Hi, I am looking at trying plantation lake in about a weeks time. How busy does it get during mid week in early march?

Thanks for any info

Best time to arrive is mid/late sunday afternoon. Avoid the place like the plaque friday-sunday. You'll get on Plantation on sunday afternoon no problem I would think.

Plantation is extremely weedy in the summer. I would imagine some is still there now. It's a very difficult lake as it is completely over fished. I have always had success with only 6 or so freebies with a handful of hemp. I normally catch my fish 4 or 5 feet away from features such as lily pads and islands. You will always catch in any of the lakes in the margins, this is where I get 80% of my success. Find a corner swim and you'll catch in the margins.

Kiln is my favourite lake. More fish come out of here than Plantation. The weed isn't nearly as bad here. You'll get more action on here.