Fisheries suggestions around the South Wales area!

dubs

Hi all, myself and the misses want to do a 48 hour session this coming weekend and would really like some suggestions for some decent fisheries within an 1/1.5 hours drive from Cardiff.

Ive recently done Celtic Lakes in Lampeter, so that can be ruled out :wink:

Basically after a nice location with a decent stock of carp to 30lb or more...

Much appreciated guys!

Luke

Fendrod lake on Swansea Enterprise Park. Run by Brynmill Angling Club and has done carp to over 30lb. Decent stock of fish, not too difficult, and despite it's location on an enterprise park, it's suprisingly easy on the eye. Brynmill angling club have got a pretty comprehensive website, just chuck them in a search engine. Tickets can be obtained on the bank as far as i'm aware.

There is white springs in swansea, although i have found in the summer is simply packed out peg to peg 3 rods real tough going and if i'm honest not a plesent experience.

However during the colder weather this place comes into its own, less pressure, its a beautiful lake and its got a good head of 30's in there to play with. Will be there this winter myself for a few sessions :)

Hi Dubs I fished white springs with 2 mates for a week (17th August onwards) and ther was only a handful of people on the speci water. It is a beautiful place and I cant really fault it in any way whatsoever. The bailiff is a really nice bloke who will help you in any way that he can the same goes for the owner the only downside was his wife who was a bit miserable but from what I could gather she wanted to sell up and retire but her old man aint having none of it lol :P There are loads of food outlets nearby and most of them deliver to the pool and they give you a call over the tannoy when they get there 8) The fishing was hard whilst we were there but i managed to break my P.B so I was happy enough (19.6lb)got told this was one of the tiddlers though. I believe from talking to the bailiff and looking on the net that the welsh record comes from there and that fish aint been out for 18 months + so theres the potential to get your name up in lights if you can catch it now. All the best mate J

Thank you all very much for your suggestions! We decided on doing little horseshoe in the cotswolds... only 1.30 drive so not too bad and it looks like a great little lake.

I have fished white springs early this year... I had a bunch of complete scallies on the peg next to me getting pi**ed 24/7 and being extremely rowdy. I ended up leaving early and on exit was chatting to some poor 20 year old angler who had his spod rod and big pit reel stole in the night.. has totally put me off for life.