Whelford pools

right folks

me and a few others are thinking of making a trip to this place midweek did a search and didnt come up with anything so if anyone has fished this place it would be nice to hear from ya

had a look on there website and it looks ok understandable rules, reasonable price, and a nice stock of fish but i know from past experiance some people can big up there pools just to get you down there so some comments would be good

cheers :D

Moved to UK where to fish BBJ

:lol: thanks for that i blame my bro he sent it me via text message :roll:

looks ok dont it i mean there are three of us going and well really we want a couple of fish each.

is it a safe place quiet to a certain degree :?:

I quite liked the place, it seemed fairly safe to me, I´m sure they lock the main gate at night. The weekend I was there was really busy from what i´ve read its worth going midweek.

Yeah it does get stupidly rammed on the weekend mate. Very secure, and yes gates are locked at night. Plus CCTV in the carp park. Don't listen too much to what Gerry (the owner) has to say. He'll tell you its been fishing its head off regardless of whether it is or isn't. Not difficult there at all mate. the fish like a bit of bait, and they get right in the edge. Most of my captures have come within inches of the bank. Decent average size these days too. Had a 1 night social there a few months back and managed 4 twenties to 25lb 10oz. Nice little place.

• 7 months later...

Just come back from a 2 day 1 night session there, and it was great fishing. in total we had 4 carp 1 Jack pike. They were all taken on a mainline cell stringer cast to the far bank. My best tip is to listen to Gerry (owner) he will tell you what has doing the biz and where has been producing the fish. most people weren't catching as a result of not listening to Gerry., because they had fished it before they thought they knew what was working.

Agree'd with Sam. Went last weekend and had 5 fish in total of 15lb , 4 19lb'ers, and a 20. All caught on cell boilies off the point ( the furthest left swim and supposedly the best swim. If you get on feeding fish you'll almost surely catch. Don't over feed or they tend to shy off the feed.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone been here recently? If so how does it fish? Is it still packed at the weekends? Thanks.

At this time of year you should get a swim with no probs. During the warmer months you take your chance as it's always busy. Can't tell you how it fishes but the catch reports are generally good. If a water fishes well one week it might not fish well the following week. When I used to fish there Crays were always a pain and as far as I know they still are, hard baits do help.