himley hall

• 2 weeks later...

fished there tusday barley anyone caught, i was havin a chat to some of the anglers and they say that the grass carp on the surface are a waist of time and that you need to be out in the middle of the lake. Pop ups and sweetcorn work well there and maggot feeders can grab you a few nice tench. If you see a fish jump in your casting range wind in and cast straight too it wait 20 mins and you might have it.anythin else give us a pm

petfjo

edited for text talk

That's the one mate. Before I got fed up of the place, I used to sit there with a pop-up rig on each rod and a tiny bag of pellet, waiting for a fish to show, then just belting it at the rings. Took a while to get all 3 rods out, but worth it in the end :wink:

Im goin sunday if anyone cares to join me :)

I might come for a ride round to be honest, it's within spitting-distance of my house and I could do with a bit if exercise. Look out for someone on a lime-green mountain bike and shout 'noddy' at them when they come past :lol: hopefully it'll be me haha

what methods do you reckon i should try for these carp n tench ? feeders, pva ect ?

cheers

tight lines

Basic tench tactics work fine on there, float on the lift method with corn on the hook and a few grains scattered around :wink:

As for the carp - it's not the easiest at times :wink:

Noddy get your rods out tomoz i need some company wen u see a young fella with red fishing line ask him if his name is jonty :D

:lol: :lol: less of that 'noddy' business! :lol: :lol: I've got work later in the afternoon/night, but I'll try and get round on the bike around lunchtime. I'll keep my eyes open for dodgy-coloured line!

pet, was there any carp on the top ? when there is a strong current on the water if i was you i would go to the shallower end if you know what i meen and fish on the float on fake corn and 2 pinkies. :D

The reason i say this is because i saw it on a matt hayes dvd lol :D:D

it worked forhim it may for you he landed a 7lb tench, a small carp about 5lb, a 11lb 4oz, and a 19lb grassie and also a 25lb grassie thats quite unbelievable lol if he can do it i dont see why we cant lol. :D

im heading down there this weekend hopefully but ive got a feeling i might just take a stalking rod and a mixer. whens the next time anyone else is up there will be good to get some info on how its fishing when i get up there :D corn and maggits forme then and mixer :D tight lines

ive never written this much before lol :D

Matt hayes dvd is a load of rubbish mate trust me he fished it during closed season wen no one was around the shallows are full of ducks and dogs swimming in the lake alot of people fish there but usualy end up moving becase of all the noise just try the dam wall that is probably the best place on the lake.

Tight Lines :D

Edited to remove swearing. Please don't do it again. Stoogi.

• 6 years later...

BUMP

just reading this piece of history and wondering if anyone still fishes here?

i am off for the day tomorrow (Wednesday) as i have made the time and missed out on a monday fish sesh.

bit late to ask for advice, methods and such but anything positive will be welcome :lol:

• 7 months later...