Emmotland Ponds, Driffield

Planning on doing a 24hr stint at Emmotland Ponds in Driffield in the next few weeks.

Never fished there before but heard really good things, especially from Pond 1 with a 46lb er been pulled out recently.

So anyone ever fished here before? I've been told that Pond 1 can be a tough lake to fish, with some very cautious fish lurking around.

I'm looking for tips on bait, specific pegs or features that produce well. Not sure if you can pre-bait (doubt it actually as there are only a limited number of pegs which are pre-booked) but will deff be taking a few visits to get some local knowledge and see the area with the polarised glasses

Any help is appreciated

I have not personally fished this complex, but a few tips would be even if you spend 2-3 hours wondering about, just watching and testing depths and fishy looking areas, that is 2-3 hours better spent!

You can also try talking to other anglers on the lake, it maybe like getting blood out of a stone, but you never know. I find many anglers open and wanting to tell.

Take a selection of baits from the bog standard baits to something a little different E.g. Prawns.

http://www.emmotlandponds.co.uk

Check out there website, I looked on pond one and there is max of two rods only. It would be worth browsing it to double check on there rules etc...

hi mate i did a week on emmotland last week i fished pond 2 as like you i heard pond one is very hard, use the bait sold at lake it seems to work and is well priced and well made if you go on lake 2 try for peg 4, seems a good peg and dont be put of by all the lillys just use good line at least 12 lb strain and check all knots are good! final tip make sure you get a breakfast from the bailiff (jamie) smashing chap, really helpful 8)

Cheers for the help guys.

Yeah I deffo think a good look round will do the world of good.

As for bait, i'm gonna take a big selction with me, there'll be 3 of us going, so pretty well spread out around the lake. Any baits that do well should show up over a 24hr session if we're all using something different.

Then again I dont want to be getting too stuck down with constantly changing baits.

Oh well, hopefully i'll find a talkative chap/chapette on the banks when i visit and he/she will tell me everything i need to know :)