Spring Grange Fisheries Leicester

• 4 weeks later...

its alright mate been there a couple of time but i got there in a day on the first lake i was about 4 foot out on peg 11 but then the carp lake which is alright when i went round to see who caught there was this man and he said i normally have about 13 in a day on carp lake but i perfer the 1st lake better hope this helps. billy

hi i am a local good water expander pellets on peg 8 this bloke had over 30 fish in a day but i like fishing for the bigger fish and lake 1 on pineapple boilies pop-up always work alright nice lake and fishing always clean hope this helps cheers billy

cheers mate, might have to give it a go.

Did 10am > dusk on Saturday (late start due to being let down by the guy at Desford), and ~0730 > 2000 yesterday.

Am looking at doing a night session there in the coming weeks...

I had a couple out yesterday, one at ~5 and one at ~7 (didn't bother to weigh either as they were comfortably under 10!), but just like saturday (and just like 2 weeks before at Groby) had several bites but didn't connect. I am thinking my rigs aren't hooking well. Several times yesterday I had a take/run that stopped quickly, so I left it a few minutes, then reeled in to find lead ejected and bait gone.

Only one other guy caught yesterday, he claimed 9lb but it didn't look that big (but I only saw it from a distance of 30yds)...

• 3 years later...

Hello All,

Just noticed this post and thought I would give out a but of information. I've fished this water for a few years now the main top carp lake is 5 foot deep through out and has a silt / mud bottom no features on the lake bed. The fish Are very wise and you really have to stay low and quite they spook just standing up. Forget the heavy lines and big leads. 10lb is plenty with a 1oz lead the less noise the rig makes hitting the water the better. Fish a pop up over a hand pull of boilies or the same but pellets no bigger the 12mm. No need for Spods major castings etc fish the margins to the island or just in front 2-3 foot out. There are some lovely fish especially a ghost carp that is in excess of 15lb very difficult to catch in fact two swim together second smaller at 10lb which I have caught. Biggest I've had is 18lb common and I've never caught anything bigger although have hooked something which felt very nice indeed. Hope this helps but keep it light, quite and little you"ll get the rewards. Ill stop fishing when I get the big ghost carp!

• 1 year later...