Henfold Lakes (Dorking)

Hello guys,

Been fishing Sumners Ponds which is going through a rough time at the moment! Possibly just a glitch, and want to try Henfold Lakes on Friday.

Anyone got any tips and as its got 6 lakes what one should my boy and I fish? :D

Well i've only fished it once, but the day after i was talking to my mate about fishing there and he said that his dad has fished quiet a few matches down there. I went and spoke to his dad and he told me that you often catch Carp in the margins along with Tench, Roach, Bream and Crucians on the usuall baits; meat, corn, maggot etc. I don't think there are many big carp in any of the lakes, but lake 3 and 1 have the biggest so either one of these may be best to beat your PB. On the ledger i would try pellets or meat.

If you are wanting to catch a PB Carp or even decent size Carp on float then go to Willinghurst. I'm not telling you to go here instead, but deffinately give it a go another time.

Willinghurst is a great complex i always take new commers thare as i find it hard to blank and your in with a chance of a few nice carp out

Have you fished there recently? I went about a month ago and it was quite slow, i think due to spawning. Just wondering if they had started feeding again because i might go next week.

Cheers.

Not fished it this year but last year i did about six times i like the main lake the best it is up the top and near the car park.take plenty of pellet with and fish over the top with something like trigger.The baliff will come around and will point you in the right direction.Good luck and have fun :lol:

Thanks everyone, Willinghurst is closer to us and I didn't even know about it!! Thanks we will try it soon, been on the web site, its a bit out of date (2007) but the lakes look great.

Henfold here we come this time round. 8)

Didn't know which one you meant so below is the info on both.

:D

Henfold Lakes Fishery

Henfold Lane

Bear Green

DORKING

Surrey

RH5 4RP.

Tel: 01306 631164 Fax: 01306 631164

www.henfoldlakesfishery.co.uk

Sumners Ponds

Chapel Road,

Barns Green,

Horsham,

West Sussex,

RH13 0PR

Tel 01403 732539

www.sumnersponds.co.uk

I used to fish Henfold's a lot, lovely place and a great day's fishing however my quest for larger carp mean I no longer fish there.

Despite the picture on the flyers there are only 4 lakes (not 5), I quizzed the bailiff on this and the largest lake on the map (furthest from the pub) was never dug out. Lake 4, the first half was always the most productive for me - fishing the left hand bank as you approach the lake, 2nd peg in, one rod under the near side bush a few feet from the bank landed a 15lb common which is about the biggest they get and a second rod as far under the overhanging tree on the central island as you dare cast resulted in a nice ghost carp of about 8lb.

All in all, a good days fishing as long as you don't mind catching smaller carp. (The onsite pub's a plus if the fishing turns naff!)