going to catch 22 for 24 hours

i will be going to catch 22 this tuesday for 24 hours i will going with my girlfriend so we will be using 3 rods and will need a nice size swim and i want her to beat her PB which is 11lb i have read all the other things about catch 22 but i would like a bit more

thanks for any help

Hi mate! Why there? There is so many nicer lakes in norfolk where the fish arent damaged and diseased and the baliff doesnt drive u BARMY keep going past in his quad bike. But if you do go, avoid peg 14 unless u like fishing in 20ft water! Pegs 7 to 10have a nice bar runnin along them. The high peg numbers from 29 to 32 are consistent. The fish really really follow the wind so get yourself as close to where the wind is blowing as possible. Hope that helps. I.ve caught there over a bed of particles and over scattered boilies and zigs. There's plenty fish in there, you've just gotta get ur rig in right place. Quite often thats 100yards out! Good luck

There is so many nicer lakes in norfolk where the fish arent damaged and diseased and the baliff doesnt drive u BARMY keep going past in his quad bike.

I've fished Catch 22 and caught each visit and out of 7 fish in two visits never saw a diseased or damaged fish. In fact, I'd say the commons were among the nicest in the country if you're talking day ticket carp.

I like Peg 1 as there are always carp in the out of bounds section, and with a wind blowing in there or not they always come out for a munch sooner or later.

Don't be afraid of the deeper water. I was catching from around 12ft on fluorescent yellow baits, fished over a scattered area of boilies. After every bite I topped up the spot with boilies and always baited really heavily in the morning before going to the café for a big breakfast! Caught as soon as I got back each time doing that.

I found a curved shrink tubing rig to be best, using as big a lead as your rods can handle!

Good luck and have fun.

I'm not slating the place for no reason. I only went the once and did 48hrs. Its was about 2 months ago. I had 15fish including 8 20's and EVERY fish had damage. Mouth damage, split fins or sores. First impressions not good. There is illegally stocked catfish too. They'r not allowed by EA to have them as they's too close to river but i know for certain there are cats in there as my bro has had 2. U are right a scattered boilie approach is best. I had a few on zigs too.

Guest fenboy
I'm not slating the place for no reason. I only went the once and did 48hrs. Its was about 2 months ago. I had 15fish including 8 20's and EVERY fish had damage. Mouth damage, split fins or sores. First impressions not good. There is illegally stocked catfish too. They'r not allowed by EA to have them as they's too close to river but i know for certain there are cats in there as my bro has had 2. U are right a scattered boilie approach is best. I had a few on zigs too.

Sorry but with respect I think your talking rubbish .

I have fished catch 22 an awful lot since the day it first opened ,I have NEVER seen a diseased fish and I have certainly never seen or even heard of a catfish perhaps you could post a picture of the ones your brother had, he must be lucky getting 2 with me never seeing or hearing of one in 14 years of fishing there .

sure some fish have a little damage as they do in most popular day ticket waters ,but to say every fish has is total rubbish ,the following pics are of fish also caught around two months ago please feel free to point out the disease and damage. CARP028.jpgCARP027E.jpg

I've removed a couple of slightly argumentative posts.

I know Catch22 as a venue although I've never fished it as Catch 22 (although did as Lyng Easthaugh).

The lake was drained in the 1990's and the majority of the carp that were in there were removed. It was then refilled and re-stocked with legitimate carp (nearly all commons) from Belgium/Netherlands.

There are a few lakes in the Wensum valley that do hold catfish. Some were "shifted" from Taverham as the anglers who caught them did not agree with killing fish (or contacting the EA and the EA killing them) and that IS the rule on Taverham Mills.

Catch22 is very heavily fished and has been since it re-opened. As far as I knew the best pegs were the 2 opposite the island, Peg 1 and the other in the 30's, and the island swim itself if you book it specially. It also used to fish well with plenty of pellet, pellet groundbait (and the Method), and boilies made from ground pellets.