Bent hook rigs????

zander1

Just a quick one:

Im off to a fishery later today hopefully for 24hrs but on their site it says no bent hook rigs????

I use rigs like the 360 alot for my pop-ups and my bottom bait rigs use a short curve shank hook... will i not be able to use these or is there an actual rig called "the bent hook rig"????? :?

this is probably a sill question :?

thanks for any replies,

Jack :)

yeh, the same style as teh hooks i use on the 360 (the fox arma point lsc)

IS a bent hook a hook with an out-turned eye???? a hook with a curve shank???? a hook with a bend/kink like some of the big cat hooks????

I don't know what the rule applies too?????? :?

As Sharpy has said The Bent Hook rig was basically a Long Shank hook that had been bent approximately halfway down the shank to assist in the hook turning in quickly.

Unfortunately due to misuse, over use and the fact that on many fish it caused serious Mouth Damage it has been frowned upon in Carp Fishing and in most cases has been banned.

does it include hooks like the esp or korda curve shanks???

Read carefully:

They were basically a hook with a long shank, and physically bent! Like the line alinger...used to cause some serious mouth damage tho!

As Sharpy has said The Bent Hook rig was basically a Long Shank hook that had been bent approximately halfway down the shank to assist in the hook turning in quickly.

Unfortunately due to misuse, over use and the fact that on many fish it caused serious Mouth Damage it has been frowned upon in Carp Fishing and in most cases has been banned.

Think the only patterns that were used were along the type of B175 which adapted into the Bent Hook rig, or the Partridge Z13 Ritchie MacDonald hooks, which already had the bend/angle installed in the shank.

sorry but im still confused lol, ive only just started to use curve shank hooks ive allways used long shanks or wide gapes so im still not sure what the difference is between a nailer styl hook and a curve and whihc makes more damage and whihc is classed as what??

sorry not much sleep last night leaves me a bit blank

sorry but im still confused lol, ive only just started to use curve shank hooks ive allways used long shanks or wide gapes so im still not sure what the difference is between a nailer styl hook and a curve and whihc makes more damage and whihc is classed as what??

a long shank nailer is a cross breed between a kurv shank and a long shank. they have a long shank that is curved, they can cause alot of damage if used wrongly- expecially on rigs like the 360 rig.

Korda Kurv (released recently), Carp-R-Us Nailer (about 9 years old) pretty much the same style hook (probably are the same hook :roll: ), are Curved shank hooks

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

The pics in this thread of mine is a Carp-r-Us Nailer

Coated Braid with a Line Aligner:

Hooklink.jpg

Even then there are various different types of Longshank hooks. Partridge Piggyback was one that was a potential danger to fish. An inturned eye (as on the Bent Hook rigs), almost the same as the Fox Series5. The Carp-R-Us Longshank Nailer does not have an inturned eye like the Fox.

Then you have a B175 by Kamasan, that is a totally straight shank hook, but it is a longshank style with an inturned eye

ahh so anything that is allready curved or turnt inwards is classed as a 'bent' hook rig

NO!

You are reading but not understanding.

If anything that was curved or with inturned eye, then every rig would be a Bent Hook rig. :roll:

The Bent Hook rig had an angle put in, BENT, approximately halfway along the shank to create an angle, or the hook was BENT, so that the (Inturned by coincidence) eye was opposite the point of the hook. Which is basically what we are now trying to achieve by using a Line Aligner or Angled (BENT) piece of Tubing.

Because it is tubing, under pressure it straightens out, so other than the hookmark it causes a lot less damage other than a hookmark.