Small hooks - hookpulls?

josh_reynolds

I have had a few hook pulls when using size 10 esp raptors, I never had any with size 9 drennan barbel hooks. All the fish I have caught this year have been very lightly hooked, although I think this may be to do with the running rigs? Also this year i have recently brought some shimano navis', before I was using 6000 bait runners. Could this cause hook pulls?

The only thing is, my local shop doesn't really have much choice in hooks, would like to use the barbel hooks again, but have to travel about 4 miles to get them and not having a mode of transport (except a bike!) it's not really possible.

Lazy get on your bike and get them :D

Try using a tackle dealer online or E-bay :)

I have had a few hook pulls when using size 10 esp raptors, I never had any with size 9 drennan barbel hooks. All the fish I have caught this year have been very lightly hooked, although I think this may be to do with the running rigs? Also this year i have recently brought some shimano navis', before I was using 6000 bait runners. Could this cause hook pulls?

The only thing is, my local shop doesn't really have much choice in hooks, would like to use the barbel hooks again, but have to travel about 4 miles to get them and not having a mode of transport (except a bike!) it's not really possible.

Lazy get on your bike and get them :D

Try using a tackle dealer online or E-bay :)

Postage costs can be a killer for terminal tackle tho :wink: