venues in leeds ?

hi there people i've done alot of Carp Fishing in the past but i have sold all my gear last year and now i have started again 8) and i now live in leeds does any body now any good carp lakes around leeds ? or in the west yourshire boundry

your reply will be mutch appreciated 8) thanks

Ey up mate move out of Leeds and that would benefit ya carp fishing no end :lol::lol: i would look further than just the west yorkshire area mate !

Or better still drop a line over the bridge next to the yorkshire post building and into the river Aire i understand the river is now proving to be popular with trout again .

Or try The leeds/liverpool canal ! the back of the old electric sub station used to be really good ....

Or do like me ...........get outa there all together :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Try the kirkstall abbey stretch of the river near the wier .....it used to be productive around there but that was 20 year ago :oops: if you know where the golf range is on kirkstall road next to Netto's then the road that leads you in to the golf driving range is where the old electric substation used to be . park up get ya gear and walk through the barrier the canal is up to the left as you walk over the bridge and there is a old barge resting point and the carp and other species bask in there and are easy to see.

if ya need more info send us a PM .......it was my old stomping ground as a young oik :lol: :lol:oh yeah i would fish in pairs or more though if ya gonna do the canal or river :wink:

If your driving up the M1 from the midlands, there are a few lakes just before leeds, just after wakefield.

Thats all I remember

Just after wakefield :?: that would be Leeds then lol ..i know where ya mean and from memory it aint a good lake to fish as it got rammed in the 90's and was notorius for the wrong reasons , although it could have changed but i doubt it , infact i drove past only last tuesday and it was empty of anglers .....pity really cos in it's hay day it was known for good fishing

well what can i say to be truful there is not alot of angers that stay local now a days but yh its dead at that pond
Get ya self down to Essex mate plenty of puddles to wet ya line :lol::lol: to be honest anywhere south of nottingham :lol::lol: Now i'm probably gonna be hounded for saying this but IMHOThe northern Carpin scene isnt all that good hence alot of the carpers head down south but not everyone has the funds to do that and have to put up with the third rate lakes and Carp that would really benefit from a retirement home .

But the bonus for you is you have joined this forum and have the choice of joining us loonies on any number of socials that we occasionally have just c-heck out the 'Members Socials' section and you'll see not only my ugly mug but quite a few of the other Carpers that frequent this Forum :lol: Oh and no worries regarding getting to the socials as some of the guys come from the northern parts .

the lakes just of the M1 are horbury and wakefield lagoons controlled by wakefield angling there was some story going about that a night angler got beat up and mugged but heard another story that i wont repeat. i was on club book, its a hard water and i left because they banned night fishing and everyone pulled of, but not sure if night fishing is back again

Yup there the ones and theres lot's of stories to tell regarding that place hence its always empty .

To be honest i wouldn't personally send someone there that doesnt know the score with it .

It's a shame really as it used to be a good puddle but thanks to the retards that frequent the area and feel it's there domain it as now become a ghost lake and they probably think they have the exclusive use but hey lets face it if it aint got enough bait going in then the fishes aint gonna be big boys 'n' girls lol :lol: .

About time the owners took drastic action and employed 24hr bailiffs to rid the morons :twisted: and made sure they dont come from the area so as not to allow bribes

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On the road bertween Otley and Pool are two gravel pits. One is run by Bradford No.1 and contains a good head of carp into the twenties anlong with tench and pike. Opposite is a larger pit run by Leeds ASA called Knotford Lagoon. It holds carp to about 30 lb and has good tench and bream. Both can be night fished if you are a member and pay for a night permit. Both can be busy especially in the summer but you can always get a peg. Happy hunting.