browning cudmore fisheries

im going to fish browning cudmore fisheries on wednesday iv never fished it before, after looking at the web site and looking around it today im well looking forward to it. theirs 20 pools and canals with carp going up to 35lb and cats exceeding 30lb bream 10lb tench 11lb barbel exceeding 10lb roach and perch 3lb iv never really caught any think bigger than 10lb so i will be going for a personal best. today i seen a guy catch a mirror 16lb and 2 other guys with both around 12lb so the feelings good. ANY ONE ELSE WHO AS FISHED THIS FISHERY PLEASE LET ME KNOW ANY FEED BACK AND TIPS WOULD HELP. by the way the web sit is www.browningcudmorefisheries.com. worth a look.

oh no not this place againe i had the worst seesion ever on there a couple of years ago. fist of all the place was i mud bath, then i broke my bivvy in the wind and had to sleep in my mates bivvy on the foor in the mud on a unhooking mat. plus we were up all night catching very small carp, chub and barbel. so when you go make sure you go on the main carp lake which is the one at the top of the hill.

main carp lake which is the one at the top of the hill.

which is coincedently the worst lake on the site! was almost devoid of water when i last went just befor chrimbo

Get on tara or milo if you want chance of getting something, no matter what the website or bailiffs tell thee, the fish on this venue are spread pretty evenly and youve got as much chance of a lump in any of the lakes as you have on Edwards

it was very cold on that wednesday but we still caught i had 5 carp all around the 5lb mark and a few tench. my mate had the same a few carp tench and chub but northink massive but there was a few who we didnt know catching up to 20lb carp.

we was on avoca lake and beging how bad the weather has been it was a good session.

your right about the mud my mate fell over in a big puddle of it and some how managed to roll over onto it back he was like a propper mud monster there are plenty of pegs which is not as muddy and plenty of pools to fish.

I'm off to Avoca this weekend now it's re-opened but have fished Tara and Milo loads of times. If you're after specimen carp in pristine condition, this ain't the complex to go to but if you just need a bend in your rod after a hard winters fishing (:x ) then this is just the recipe

There are some decent pegs worth a crack and underwater features to fish to, if you get a blank stare from the guys on the bank, watch where they're casting to........

Biggest from the complex over the past 5 years has been 18 and change, 35lb is a myth there was a big fish kill a couple of years ago and most of the stock were wiped out

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

If goin night fishing avoca the best one definetley.Also in day time i rate the best one.Get some brown crumb ground bait and mix it up with pellets sweetcorn juice and some bolies and put about 7 balls out there.Always fish near the island on the side nearest the hut,you will see two great big pegs with an island close and island far to you.Fish to the island with a bolie tiger nut and monster crab work well and fish near the island.

I caught 200 pounds worth of carp and one was 17 pound really happy.20 ml monster crab boilie screaming run at 3 o clock in the morning.

went there a week ago with me mate had about 13 fish nothing of anysize tho and was fishing avoca lot of people on but not much cuming out everyone is saying the island is good but didnt see any size come off their we fished on of the bars but like i said biggest was 10lb

• 3 months later...

I try to go every weekend, do most my fishing on avoca and have had a lot of success, taras a nice pool with some nice doubles it it and milo isn't to bad either. the best pegs to get on to on Avoca are accross from the two islands, just droping your rig about 80-100 yards out. i'll be there on sunday trying to get a few more screaming reel's. happy fishing

baits i use include good old tutti frutti, muscel and oyster, and hallibut boilies, voodoo based ground bait with brown crumb, hemp and attractor plus a few little added extras.

Do you have to buy your bait from the shop as it states or can you use your own?? Its a silly rue if you ask me, very hard to enforce with so many anglers fishing???

I usually buy a bag of red partical, tub of hemp and 1/2 pint of maggots, caome to about £5, the rest i buy or prep beforhand. most people i know who go there buy most of their bait befor they even drive down to the complex, although they have got a good range of baits at the shop and the prices arn't to bad either. :wink:

so do u fish cudmore often? what lake do you recomend for some winter action?

Down there most weekends, best pools to get on to are either Avoca or Tara. both are good with Avoca haveing a few more 20s than Tara, + it has some cats aswell. if you need any more details just sent me a PM. Keep them line's tight :wink:

You dont want to be watsing your there matey, Dont beleive everything you read on the flashy website. The biggest i've had out is 13lb. your get them many 2lb - 7lb carp in a session you get annoyed at recasting. This is place is great if your a match man but awful if you want a good'un

Edwards is now a match lake and all the stock out of that are now in Avoca.

You dont want to be watsing your there matey, Dont beleive everything you read on the flashy website. The biggest i've had out is 13lb. your get them many 2lb - 7lb carp in a session you get annoyed at recasting. This is place is great if your a match man but awful if you want a good'un

Edwards is now a match lake and all the stock out of that are now in Avoca.

where do you do most of you fishing at the moment. i'm down cudmore most weekend and yes you do get a fair few smaller one's on the pools but there are a few nice fish in there as well, a few weeks ago i came out with a nice 22 off avoca.

• 1 year later...

i'm planning a trip to cudmore on sunday , its about 2 hours drive from liverpool , i'm planning on fishing on avoca because its sopposed to have the bigger carp in right? , has anybody fished cudmore recently ? and know what type of lakebed avoca is ?

any info would be great as i havnt a clue , ive read alot of the other threads to do with cudmore too,

thanks dean :D

I wouldnt bother waisting your money chaps it really is pants, the only thing that place is good for is bit bashing, and yes most of the fish are pasties, there are a few nice fish in there but they very rarely come out, you may as well through a tenner down the loo as to go there :!:

Hi mate last time i fished avoca was a couple of years ago.

I did a 3 day session with a mate of mine and i caught a shed load of fish up to 17lb i also lost a 20 at the net (gutted).

On the second day i was there other anglers were coming around asking what i was using? (I JUST TOLD THEM BOILIES BUT I DIDNT SAY WHICH COMPANY IT WAS FROM OR THE FLAVOUR)

My mate also caught quite a few fish aswell but even he could not believe how many i was catching.

Because i have not fished that lake for a while i will tell you what my winning bait was.

P.M ME FOR DETAILS.

wotto.