good runs water?

sabraham

hey everyone, i was hoping for some advice on a french water for next year. im going in a group of around 5 or 6 anglers but a few of the group arent great fisherman, they are competant but do struggle when the going gets tough. what im after is a good runs water with a chance of multiple catches where you dont need to be an expert to catch the fish. size wise i would like something that has a decent average size of fish otherwise we may as well stay in the uk, im not going to dream of 50lb plus but high 20s and 30s would be great. also if tackle hire and food are available that would be even better. there are so many venues out there and i dont want to get stitched up or pick a place where the fishing will be hard, any advice?

bay lake les quis simple as that go on their website i went last year had about 80 fish in the winter when it was hard!! the biggest was 30lb 14oz and i had a couple of 20s but they averaged about 16lb its not just the fishing out there its the whole week is just a laugh really

beaurepaire m8...5 of us fished it last october and landed 97 carp...and lost about 50, due to there sheer fighting, i swear to god the carp in there are on steriods.we totalled our wieght and landed 1987lb of fish..but with the ones we lost, it would have been over a ton of fish,,,awesome place,,we had lake exclusive and fished the spit as a social, but we had to fish the far margins to land the fish,baitboat is an esential, but you wont get a better runs water.

yeah it is a great runs water,,and the fish fight like hell, the spit is a piece of land that juts out into the the middle of the lake,and is great if you want to cover the whole lake and have a social fishing trip, as your all bivvied up together. its about 2 hours from calais and basically just one motorway all the way there. we were puzzled that we hardly had any fish (from a so called runs water) in the 1st 24 hours..but we soon found that the carp keep well away from any noise etc. we fished the far margins at about 100 to 150 yards out and with plenty of bait. and pulled em in for fun..thats why i said, a bait boat is essential

sounds realy good that beaurepaire what is the spit mate ..? but yeh i fancy that myself good find :D

look at the feedback on here m8, http://www.anglinglines.com/docs/ourvenues/lakes/beaurepaire/customerfeedback2008.php

it does have a water problem (ie) it can get very high, and to be honest i would'nt go if the water level is high,we went at the perfect time,when it was at its summer levels, even though we went in october, but last year was a wetter than usual year. look at the feedback from mr keenan, thats me,and compare it to the guy who has just fished it,,the water must be up by 15 ft compared to when i fished it...

ok thanks mate :) yeh i was lookin on that site before cheers for the info you kno the bank you fished was it like ner the island ish like the island is to the left of your swim if you look out. and i dont have a bait boat lol you could cast fat tho with 3 or 4 oz leads. oh and is july a good month or will the water levels be high still and 15 foot!!! seriously lol

your best of ringing anglinglines to ask about the water levels m8..but i might av under-estimated the distance from the spit to the far margins, i can cast a fair distance with a rig and a long chuck funnel, but i could'nt get any where near where i wanted to fish.hence the baitboat. yeah the island is on the left of that pic,but no one caught anything from the island, like i said before, go when the water is at summer levels and fish from the spit to the far margins, another thing that through us was when we got there was wat people posted they where catching on,, and we could'nt buy a bite in the 1st 24 hours..we ditched the boilies and started using tigers maize and halibut pellets,and that is the only baits they would take..

but i suppose some carpers are like that,,let them find out on there own,"i had to"............lol

• 4 weeks later...