coventry area fishery name

lo all

any one know what this fishery is called just outside coventry, on hospital lane. As i fished it a while ago but cant remember the name of it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=&ie=UTF8&ll=52.470926,-1.519922&spn=0.004784,0.009613&t=h&z=17&lci=com.panoramio.all,com.youtube.all,org.wikipedia.en,com.google.ugc.c752d13e87c4fbd7

thanks ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
last time i was there, chap next to me pulled out a wopper. must of been at least 25 maybe more.. i'll dig out the pic.

Sweet !

so do you fish it regularly, just that i was on my way to see the mighty oasis and the enemy in Coventry last night and popped into a tackle shop, he was telling me good things about the Chocolately Brown lake, Any Info On Pegs Sizes Of Carp, Bait Rigs ?

Anything Much Appreciated

Tom

Glad to help.

Used to fish there fairly often when we lived in the mids. Bro-in-law gets down there every other week or so.

The coloured lakes definitely the one to get on. Its not a big pond, but theres plenty of fish to give your line a tug or two. Any pegs a good one but try the far end, to the obvious features, but watch out for a sunken tree! It does get busy at the weekend, so nail your spot early on.

Baitwise they'll have anything and you don't really need to go large. I used to fish singles over a bag of crumb and a few pellets. I used to fish NRG there and regularly hammered it, but the Source does pretty good too. In fact, any decent boilie will score.

If its a warm one they WILL have it off the surface, so take a controller just in case. Size wise the twentys are thin on the ground, but I've had them up to 18lb usually, although have heard of one or two bigger fish being landed to be fair. Good sport though.

Hope thats of some help?

thanks a lot !

what could you recomend for a surface bait? bread ? dog biscuits ? pop ups ?

and how many carp would you be expecting to takee in a 8 hour day - from 8 - 4 ?

and is it possible to night fish it and what is the name of the place ?

Sorry for all the questions just seems like you know what's what down there and i have yet to fish it ,

Tight Lines

Tom

You used to be able to do nights on there, but that may have changed I'm not sure. Never had any hassle there, but you do occasionally get people mooching round in the wee hours so does to be alert.

They'll have anything off the top usually, though I like to use a beachcaster and dog biscuits (flavoured or plain) have always done the biz. If you can get them interested you'll have a result. I've had a dozen off the top in a couple of mad hours before now. Nothing of any size but still sport.