Dacron Carp Braid

extreme

I have a 3rd edition I was very kindly given.

Carp Fever, while about fishing in the 70's and 80's, much/most of it is still relevant today. Kevin Maddocks and the other contributors were responsible for some of the most important advances in Carp Fishing. Their Bait Development, Hair rig Invention and even Tackle Development are still in use today.

Kevin Maddocks was streets ahead of some of the other names when it came to catching fish and his ideas that would put fish on the Bank.

Rod Hutchinson's "The Carp Strikes Back" is another book that even today is a must read. His Bait knowledge and research are still in use today as well.

Dacron is really the first step out from Mono Hooklinks that were in use, as there were few viable alternatives; although Richard Walker had used Braided Nylon as it was not so stiff as MonoFilament.

If you think about it we are heading back full circle and the Pressure Cycle is trying to confuse the Carp as to what they are used to picking up.

After Dacron do you go back or forward to Multistrand? lol:D :D :D

You must have gone forward onto it.:wink: and just stopped there.

:P

Besides, how many people got on with it effectively? easy to tangle unless you take care with Superstiff or thick tubing and Stringers. Not many people took the trouble to think about it's use.

Less pressure on Multistrand users to be different as the lack of numbers using it mean its different anyway.:D :D :D

Seriously why change something that works for you?

Guest Anonymous

Multi strand is by far and away the best stalking hooklength i have used, brilliant if you are just setting little traps in the margins as no worrys about tangling. I think i will start to use it again on my margin rods as well.

I like Multistrad but i also Lose plenty of fish on it. But the run rate is pretty good going just need the luck with it.

I would love to use it where i fish now but the snaggy nature of the lake means it would be suicide really. May go and get the 25lb stuff and see if it copes.

Do they still do the woven and un woven versions? could try the woven, probably just a little more durable i would think.

Dacron is superb, I would still use it if i could find it. Used to use it for tench fishing and also when i first started proper carping. Had dacron links with bait spikes on the hair......... :D