South West/Bristol Lakes

Hi guys,

I live about 5 miles south of Bristol and am looking for a fresh water to fish. I am getting bored of fishing the same 2 local lakes which are rammed with people all looking to catch the sole 30 in the lake, one of which is fully booked on the weekends for the next month and the other lake i have had the only 30 out several times.

I am looking for something localish, i dont drive but anything within 20/30 miles as my dad drops me off.

Perhaps with the possibly the chance of a high 30? or a 40 in the lake even ( dreaming i know, i just want to fish a lake with one in ) I must say that I live in the worst area in the country for carp fishing, it frustates me to the point that I might move soon!

Any info anyone could give me would be much appreciated guys....

Hi guys,

I live about 5 miles south of Bristol and am looking for a fresh water to fish. I am getting bored of fishing the same 2 local lakes which are rammed with people all looking to catch the sole 30 in the lake, one of which is fully booked on the weekends for the next month and the other lake i have had the only 30 out several times.

I am looking for something localish, i dont drive but anything within 20/30 miles as my dad drops me off.

Perhaps with the possibly the chance of a high 30? or a 40 in the lake even ( dreaming i know, i just want to fish a lake with one in ) I must say that I live in the worst area in the country for carp fishing, it frustates me to the point that I might move soon!

Your thinking of moving yet you rely on your dad to take you fishing?

Plenty of water to go at if you follow the lie of the land :wink:

You could also have a look at Amalgamated Fisheries and Bathampton clubs, They both have some nice lakes to fish.

Hi guys,

Your thinking of moving yet you rely on your dad to take you fishing?

Plenty of water to go at if you follow the lie of the land :wink:

You could also have a look at Amalgamated Fisheries and Bathampton clubs, They both have some nice lakes to fish.

I get my licence back in january and thats when i was thinking of moving nige. Acorn is ok, but fully booked every w.end and rammed with noddys at the best of times.

Bagwood now unless you get the first peg (which gives u 2 acres to yourself, with the other side 1acre & 5 pegs) now the lake is split into two, the sport is tough. I will look at the bathampton clubs, thanks nigel.