Confessions of a Carp Fisher by B B

stevew1805

The second best angling book I have ever read:

http://carpernutcase.blogspot.com/2009/03/confessions-of-carp-fisher-by-b-b.html

HEALTH WARNING

I usually try and write balanced book reviews - kind of. But this one is anything but balanced. It is completely subjective and totally biased. And, what is more, it has a dig at those who don't agree with me.

By all means have a read and leave comments. But you have been warned.

• 2 weeks later...

reading the book i noticed they talk about beechmere pool, i have also found out it was also called bradmere pool, but is also known as bradford pool.

i also found out it was restocked with carp in the 70s.

are people still allowed too fish this water or is it private?

what has happened too this pool?

well it sounds very nice and would love some more info on this pool in devon. :?:?

windowsstuff.jpg

http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/bradmere_pool.htm

reading the book i noticed they talk about beechmere pool, i have also found out it was also called bradmere pool, but is also known as bradford pool.

i also found out it was restocked with carp in the 70s.

are people still allowed too fish this water or is it private?

what has happened too this pool?

well it sounds very nice and would love some more info on this pool in devon. :?:?

That's a marvellous piece of research. Well done Kris. I share your interest in this pool, and I will put up a post concerning it. I will also add this link to my blog and conduct a little research of my own. I will place any findings here.

ok nice one mate.

i'm really injoying this book and would recommend it too anyone.

:D:D

this pool is full off mysteries and would be good too find out more about it. :D

Yes. I think Beechmere ranks up there with Redmire as legendary lakes. I am almost thinking of taking a trip down to there to see it now that I know where it is. I have also promised myself I will fish Redmire one day too.

The book is terrific should anyone be thinking of reading it.

Yes. I think Beechmere ranks up there with Redmire as legendary lakes. I am almost thinking of taking a trip down to there to see it now that I know where it is. I have also promised myself I will fish Redmire one day too.

well if you do go visit the pool, let me know what its like, i might also go down one day to have a walk around :D

i think if i was to fish redmire i would never want to leave :lol::lol:

well if you do go visit the pool, let me know what its like, i might also go down one day to have a walk around :D

i think if i was to fish redmire i would never want to leave :lol::lol:

It's not cheap, but it is a little promise I have made to myself.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget the lake is haunted. :shock::shock::shock:

Never fished there but was tempted to try. I drove down to have a look but didn't want to trespass so didn't see it.

I spoke online to a guy who fished there a few years ago. He managed it because he knew someone who knew the owner etc etc. It's not open to the public but it's not a syndicate either. Your best bet would be to contact the owner (local farm?). You might be allowed. You might not. No harm in trying.

It's a fantastic book.

Don't forget the lake is haunted. :shock::shock::shock:

Never fished there but was tempted to try. I drove down to have a look but didn't want to trespass so didn't see it.

I spoke online to a guy who fished there a few years ago. He managed it because he knew someone who knew the owner etc etc. It's not open to the public but it's not a syndicate either. Your best bet would be to contact the owner (local farm?). You might be allowed. You might not. No harm in trying.

It's a fantastic book.

I agree, the book is wonderful. You don't happen to know the name of the owner / farm, do you?

It would be great to just walk around without even fishing. And I think I would be rather pleased if I bumped into the ghost of the old priest. Most great carp lakes seem to have a ghost. Mr Yates even conducted an exorcism at Redmire. But apparently it didn't work!

• 1 month later...
Steve If the book is as good as your review then it must be a masterpiece to be coveted.

I shall search for a copy, a second hand copy that may give it an authentic feel. I will save it for those long and lonely winter nights on the bank.

Thank you very much. You are most kind.

S

• 6 months later...