Navies pit

I have looked through the search and cannot find what iam looking for. I have just moved to wigston and iam looking to fish somewhere local as i dont drive and i know of navies pit i know that it has had alot of trouble there in the past. So what iam asking is has anything changed regarding the trouble and mess and would it be worth giving it a bash :wink:

Cheers

Tight Lines

Willow :wink:

What trouble?

Is it just people making stuff up to put people off - fact is theres decent fish in there so its worth a go if your local.

My only opinion of the lake is that the owner needs to cut back the pads to open up the lake. 75% of the swims are gone leaving only a few viable.

I have mates who fished it last year and others who went years back, by all accounts its easy fishing.

Its been said that some fish were stolen and taken to Charnwood, but there must still be plenty left even if it is true. If you want the chance of a twenty locally then fish it and the canal nearby through south wigston. :wink:

The lake has some bad points like access, parking and some dangerous swims but if you fancy walking somewhere near for a spot of fishing why not I say!

What trouble?

Is it just people making stuff up to put people off - fact is theres decent fish in there so its worth a go if your local.

My only opinion of the lake is that the owner needs to cut back the pads to open up the lake. 75% of the swims are gone leaving only a few viable.

I have mates who fished it last year and others who went years back, by all accounts its easy fishing.

Its been said that some fish were stolen and taken to Charnwood, but there must still be plenty left even if it is true. If you want the chance of a twenty locally then fish it and the canal nearby through south wigston. :wink:

The lake has some bad points like access, parking and some dangerous swims but if you fancy walking somewhere near for a spot of fishing why not I say!

Cheers kev does mark still fish it :?: also is it a day ticket water and can you night fish

Yeah Mark went a few times last year and had a few fish out, one of his other mates has gone regularly for the past fews seasons as well.

Whenever I went over for a chat they managed to catch a fish on cue :wink:

It does have some cats in aswell

Edit: think it is season ticket only, but then Mark has just paid for a day so I think the guy makes it up as he goes along. Surley he will just be glad to have a few on there that he can trust. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for keep bringing this post up but i dont know where it is i know it is on the estate lol but i have looked on google earth and the only place i can see has got 3 lakes is this the right place?? and if so which one is the carp lake :oops: Also is it pay on the bank or do i have to to somewhere and get a ticket and if so i have heard on the grapevine that john from all seasons sorts it out is this right?

Cheers

Tight Lines

Willow :wink:

its on th little hill estate mate go down launceston road towards the viking tung pub, go past the pub and on your right side you will see a road called, durnford go down that for 200 yards then take the next right onto barford, then you will see a alley walk down it and over that nasty bridge, just a word pal unloade you car at barford but dont park it there the owner and resdents go mad at you, theres some big cats in that lake, but the bridge is a pain hope this has heped

sime

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bring up an old thread but ive just been down today for a nosey fished there about 6 or 7 years back and going to fish it again this year it has changed a fair bit there are two huge swims one at the top left and one on the very top right spoke to an old guy who was there with his grandson and he said last week he had a 17 1/2lb common out the carp lake and theres rumor that a 32lb came out two weeks ago so defo giving it a bash it is both members and none members its £10 for day £15 for 24 hr so not bad on price either took a few snaps of the lake on my phone i will get them up for all to see

• 2 years later...

I have never fished it mate just had a look around a few times all the weed in the lake put me off abit to be fair although when i went for a browse there last year they were sorting it all out. I do wanna fish it as its easy for me to get to as i live litteraly 10 mins away.

Yep i started fishing there in the early 90,s ,when their was only the 1 lake and back then it full of weed and lilly pads,only fished it twice myself since then and that was about 10 year ago, moved onto bigger waters since them days.Quite local myself about 20 mins from there.What water do you fish ,if you dont mind me asking.

me and my mates used to fish it most weekends back in the 90s was good fishing bk then not been since hence why i want to give it a bash this year if they could sort the weed and security id more than likely do a season on there after the carp cats are not for me :lol: