Recommended lakes for a weekend?

Hi all,

I am going on a couple of days trip for my stag weekend with a couple of friends. I live in herts and want somewhere within an hour or so. We are not advanced by any means but have carp fished for many years. Can anyone please recommend a nice lake/site for us with facilities too. We want to be able to night fish too and would like it to have plenty of 20's. I personally love Creedys but its a bit far so if anyone knows anywhere like that nearer me then I would be grateful

Thanks for your time

Kirk

Hi Kirk welcome to the Forum..Stag do's and over nighters,you don't often see those two words in the same sentence. Personally speaking I don't think they belong together..Stag do's are usually roudy boozy affairs and I fear this could be detrimental to the welfare of the fish..

Hi Kirk welcome to the Forum..Stag do's and over nighters,you don't often see those two words in the same sentence. Personally speaking I don't think they belong together..Stag do's are usually roudy boozy affairs and I fear this could be detrimental to the welfare of the fish..

I do agree with that, to some extent.

I had my stag night many years ago. I don't remember a single minute of it.

My next stag do will be spent at a lake, with a few friends & a bottle or two of red. Maturity grows on you. On occasion :wink:

haha yeah I get waht your saying, I am just a little old for a boozy stag do these days (only 30 but feel much older). I stopped drinking once I came to terms with the fact that I am probably old enough to be the father of the majority of the underage drinkers in my local pub/clubs. I dont drink at all now!! Although I do feel like a 70yr old when I drive through town on a fri/sat night and starting pointing out to the missus all the girls that should have more clothes on and how cold they must be.

Anyhow back to my question. Thanks so much for your replies and I will check them out. Linear fisheries I have heard of before and I would be more than happy to travel to there. Gonna have a look at longleat too. Thanks again