river nene wellingborough !!

hi,thinking about giving the river nene a bash on the wellingborough stretch for carp wonderd if anyone had any ideas on what to use for bait as i imagine thy havnt been caught very much thanks ..

Havent been caught very much....... Understatement of the year..... :lol::lol:

Anything goes on that strech to be honest. I have lived in wellingborough for 26 years, i used the fish the river every day when growing up only living 30 mins walk from it. There are fish all along that area so finding them is simple. certain areas have good pods of fish which are resident. I ahve seen a certain common that i will catch this year hopefully, looks mid 30s. :D:D

yh i live about 30 mins walk from the river too i have done alot of fishing on it over the years but i never see anyone really go for the carp like i thought they would....i have seen tht fish aswell in the warmer months i saw it on several ocasions cruising under the a45 bridge maybe tht will be a good place to fish thanks for ur info :)

well im thinking the "black pipe" quite a way upstream from the witworths building past the lock.....ive always seen shoals of carp up their....ive fished rinstead before nd had a few corking nets of skimmers and roach...do u fish ringstead fisheries often? and have u ever caught a carp on the ringstead stretch?

The Black pipe stretch used to be a great bit of the Nene. If you go a couple of fields up from there the river is really nice, some good bends and holding areas. Not been up that way for a while to be honest. I remember years ago fishing irchester, before it was syndicate, i used to go over top lock and the slush, on the feeder stream behind the lock there was about 15-20 carp, all around doubles sitting there, it was middle of summer and they were taking floaters like mad things..... This was over 10 years ago now, i wonder how big some of those fish are now.

ahh thats interesting ..yh ive never went further up stream i normally stop at the pipe nd in the summer i always spot a good fish their...ill have to have a walk up their nd check it out i bet those carp u saw are beasts nowadays im gunna try this year to hopefully catch many nene carp thanks again mate :)