south cerney angling club

Wick and Ham can get a bit busy but there is a water on the ticket that you will always get on :wink:

The ticket will only cost you the price for 48 hours on a half decent day ticket. If you join and only do 2 nights then you have not lost anything :wink:

I have only been a member for a year but came off there in the summer due to the crowds and the distance I live from the park. I had planned to fish Ham through the winter but had a supprise when I bought my house and needed to do a lot more work than first thought (still not finished yet :twisted: )

I will fish there this spring and come off again in the summer (thats the plan anyway :roll: )

Have a look on there website in the gallery. You will see a few nice fish on there :wink:

ive had few walks round it but was over xmas when frozen over. wer bouts did you have them from and what type of baits were they on. what size have you had then up to then?

:lol::lol:

Nothing massive, where they were feeding and on the baits I use everywhere else :wink:

I know a few of the lads down there use Atlantic heat boilies though :wink: Might be a good starting point?

• 2 weeks later...

Wick is full of noddies and ham is worse....yeah whatever mate! Who are you to pass judgement on every single person that fishes a particular water? I myself spend a lot of time on Whitefriars, but i learnt a lot from my time spent on Wick and Ham especially. Some cracking blokes on Ham and Wick with a wealth of knowledge they are more than willing to share with new faces.

Poleaxe chiollout, I never said wick and ham where all noddies I said they where full of them, which is true. The majority of anglers on boht these lakes are a nightmare. I have lived and fished the waterpark for over 20 years and there are now more instant carp anglers than ever and these two lakes attract the most of them. Most people around the park are very secret squirrel with good reason as everyone from bristol eand wales come up here now. I know a couple of very good abnglers that still fish wick but they also say it's full of noddies.

• 2 years later...

The lake bed is mostly made up of silt/chod with some small gravel spots that are not easy to find but well worth an hour looking for them in you swim with the marker rod there are also loads of lilys to fish up to in the shallows and other swims but you CANT FISH IN THE SHALLOW tho as this is where all the carp can be seen sunbathing when its hot and from what ive seen most of the fish in ham pool are well over the 20 mark .

How did i get on?? Well on my left hand rod i was fishing over a spod mixs on a very small gravel spot around 40 or 50 yards out.

In my spod i had sweetcorn,trout pellet,cell pellet,hemp and pineapple boillies witch in total was around 9kg of spod mix.

On this rod i fished popup sweetcorn and only got (15) bream to 4lb hopping that the carp would come in and push the bream off the spot but to no joy.

On my right hand rod i was fishing 57 yards out over silt/chod on a chod rig and the bait i was using was heat boillies.

I was baiting light on this rod putting out around 30 baits in the morning and just befor dark i would put out around 60 baits to see me thorught the night and nothing came to this rod the hole time.

I did this till thurseday morning where we had a rethink.

On the rethink we mad the desishion to move lake.