eye kettleby lakes-melton mowbray

hi, im seriously thinking about going to eye kettleby lakes later this year.

just wondering if anyone has been and what is it like?

i will be doing a bit of fishing there but its mainly to treat the missus and have a week shacked up in a nice log cabin getting all 'cosy' :lol:

i was looking at the 'rowan lodge' as its ideal for couples as its a one bedroom with all the toys, hot tub, sauna, homw cinema, champagne etc.

i just want to know what the sites like for food etc

i have done a search but not a lot of info came up.

thanks in advance :D

Eye kettleby is right near my work and conveniently on the way home for me. I've been there once to check it out but not fished it, the lakes are fairly small and I think there are around 6 in total (?) Never saw the log cabins though and I couldn't find the carp lakes. I'm intending to start going on the way home from work for some course fishing.

If you find any useful information on the carp front though then please do PM me

Eye kettleby is right on my doorstep, have spent many hours fishing this lake.

The 'private lake' for the lodges isn't very good, so if you're looking at fishing stick to the 'specimin' lake, the fish aren't very big in there the biggest being the Chief when last caught was mid 20's. But hasn't been seen for a long time.

The food is excellent in the restaurant and reasonably priced too, check on the opening times of the restaurant, as I remember the opening times/days are strange.

The lodges are very, very nice, comes complete with your own hot tub and sauna.

I'm sure you and the missus will have a wonderful time!

M

thanks for the replys. tbh i wont be doing a lot of fishing and will probably just take my float set up and 1 carp rod and maybe do a bit of stalking and fishing for the perch etc. i plan to only fish for a couple of afternoons.

the lodge i wanted 'rowan' is booked for the time i want but they are building some new better lodges for this spring with even more toys. i have emailed them to see if i can pre book one of the new lodges and am awaiting a reply.

• 4 weeks later...

went may last year, all the lodges are stunning and the hot tub is superb

residents lake full of small crucians and tench and ok for a hour

fished specimen lake mostly on short evening sessions and caught fish between 8-13lb, lots of high singles and they love floaters, a few big bream as well

the old long lake is good for a few hours evening as well catching low doubles and some cracking tench, crucians

most of the lakes were never to busy and the place itself was immaculate

im looking forward to going back - great relaxing break

I took Mrs TCB last year, staying in Rowan.

Had a great time, the lodge was superb.

The restaurant in the evening was not our cup of tea but breakfast was excellent.

Having said that I just looked at their menu and it looks like it's changed quite drastically for the better, it used to be what I would term as very rich, poncy and pretty expensive.