North view Lakes - Gedney Hill, Lincs

gtitim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've fished it a few times (the big lake). Generally I try to target the island just as you walk into the fishery don't fish the bay (in front of island) though as it's shallow and the fish seldom seem to visit this area (apart from spawning time). If you fish to the right and left you should get em. The bottom varies with gullies & plateau's in open water. The newer lake is more a match water with nothing much bigger than 5lb. Rumours of a 30lb in the big lake the biggest I've had is 12.5lb but have seen a 18lb fish caught. There's plenty in the 10lb range and you should get plenty of runs I usually wrap paste around pellet (summer) but bunches of maggots work well in winter.

Good luck

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

take a seatbox and pole i have been there and all you carp boys are sat there when the fishery is far to small smash out big leads at long distances. i go with pole or rod down the margin and i catch the ussual small ones with the occasional doulble thrown in i have had a 17lb 8 oz in december in the margins and i have never been beaten by someone there with 2 rods you guys hav got it all wrong.finess and short distance is the key.

there is big carp up to 30 and there is a 30lb + koi bright orange which has only been caught once and that was by the balif .tight lines......

I did'nt know they had trout in there! I'm based in Spalding and just discovered Lovells (fished it once), going to try lake Helen & Rossways (Boston) next year. I used to live in peterborough so fished Kingsland, Railway, Northey Park, Eldernell mostly - all good venues. Fancy having a go for some big perch in the Holland drain also, used to fish it alot when I was a nipper. Cheers Lee

ive had carp up to 22lb out of northview on the method, also had some nice fish upper teens on the fly rod all good fun. Im attacking it next year with my new pole, working on a bagging up method. It is annoying with so many people trying to fish the oposite bank there is just no need or thought goes into there fishing or consideration in to other anglers, lke the bite alarms on full blast.

Fished lake Helen as well taking some nice carp and a few large gold fish out of there.

yeah only about 200 but they go crazy and get caught a lot haha.lovells old lake is much better i have had fish to 16 in there i had tht at 10 to 2 in the morning nice.give laked ross a go real good sport especialy in winter 100lbs on the cards even in winter if you get it right.well worth a go any tactic works ish go up to 15 but average 2-4.never fished helen is it good?? the large drains are good try them 4 bream a lot but only ever hooked 2 and lost 2 [censored] but had some perch to near 2lbs on worm. and tidyboy i couldnt agree more its not even a very big fishery if people cast across the lake like they think they own it i cast straight over them.and town center fishes realy well in a month or so town bridge 7m no 3 elstic nad breadcrumb and punch 40lbs of roach is on the bag but 10lbs is abou average. speak soon ps do you do pike fishing?

I used to do a bit of piking on the Nene a few years ago, spinning mainly. I've not fished lake Helen before but had a look a few weeks ago and it looks a nice lake so will give it a go next spring. I've been to Lake Ross but they we're really rude to my son so I refuse to go there any more, also another time I went they had a moan a me because my seat was a foot of the standard peg area! Will have a go for the roach in the town section during the christmas hols (weather providing!) Have you been to Rossways at Boston also some newish lakes called westwood (www.westwoodlakes.co.uk) if you fancy having a look, they say that they have a lake with Tench that average 6lb's which sounds my cup of tea!

Just a quick tip for Partridge next time you go - Prawns - I did really well on them especially with a paste I made with them. Ground some real prawns with belcialine (Spelling?) and some fishmeal based groundbait blend them add eggs (1 or 2) and just mix until you get a paste type consistency + pinch of salt.

yeah only about 200 but they go crazy and get caught a lot haha.lovells old lake is much better i have had fish to 16 in there i had tht at 10 to 2 in the morning nice.give laked ross a go real good sport especialy in winter 100lbs on the cards even in winter if you get it right.well worth a go any tactic works ish go up to 15 but average 2-4.never fished helen is it good?? the large drains are good try them 4 bream a lot but only ever hooked 2 and lost 2 [censored] but had some perch to near 2lbs on worm. and tidyboy i couldnt agree more its not even a very big fishery if people cast across the lake like they think they own it i cast straight over them.and town center fishes realy well in a month or so town bridge 7m no 3 elstic nad breadcrumb and punch 40lbs of roach is on the bag but 10lbs is abou average. speak soon ps do you do pike fishing?

suprised you dont get knocked out :roll:

good new ross was recently taken over by some new nice people :D many was so rude i know excatly what you are on about se was ok with my dad but hated kids cow.went on the welland tow bride on sat in the rain and did badly they havnt moved in yet but give a couple of weeks and will be good.never been to rossway but i have heard of westwood and willl have a look 2nite. thanks 4 the tip sounds good willl give it a crack. ever been to lentton ????? speak soon liam

Hi Tidyboy, have you got any tips on bait & methods for lake Helen + good pegs.

I found that targeting the far side against the field is most productive, fishing about 3-4 of the farbank ( the bank cuts down tight to the far side then plataus back up 3-4 feet from the bank ) fishing the top or just on the back of the downslop is good. Dare i say baitboats are good as you can get right tight or under the overhanging trees.

as for tatics anything your happy with and trust will work the same for bait. Think i was using 14mm singles or double 10mms bollies.

Thanks for the tips Tidyboy do you know who has the fishing rights on the lake down Fenhouse drove (not far from Lake Helen) I used to fish it a long while ago but it's got a sign saying no day tickets now.

Hi Fozzy, I haven't fished westwood yet but reports from local tackle shop give good reports, spose this time of year it's small baits and light lines, Barbel aint great feeders in the cold. Let us know how you get on. I think the roach are just moving in now as the Grebe activity near the entrance to the Coronation Channel has increased. Should be just right for christmas hols.

Thanks for the tips Tidyboy do you know who has the fishing rights on the lake down Fenhouse drove (not far from Lake Helen) I used to fish it a long while ago but it's got a sign saying no day tickets now.

Hi Fozzy, I haven't fished westwood yet but reports from local tackle shop give good reports, spose this time of year it's small baits and light lines, Barbel aint great feeders in the cold. Let us know how you get on. I think the roach are just moving in now as the Grebe activity near the entrance to the Coronation Channel has increased. Should be just right for christmas hols.

No not sure who has the rights to fenhouse drove.

Im going to be having a change in my fishing this year coming, going to have a go at all course fish not just the carp and cats and all different methods just to freshen things up. Sort of like when i was a young lad. Gona have a good go over the winter trying to bag up on the pole around the local lakes, it will get the grey matter ticking again.

helo, i used to fish down at gedney alot last summer, i did fairly well taking fish to just over 20lbs. Also had loads of 17's and 18's ect. Its a very easy water to fish to be fair, not exactly a purpose made carp water, more of a match lake with a few bigger fish thrown in. Big baits is the key down there from my experience, fish with either 18's or 20mm baits with small patches of bait. As for lovells well ive got a season ticket on there at the moment and its a cracking lake, very mature and the fish in there are real lookers. However if your planning on fishing it the old lake is infested with crayfish. so forget your soft baits, either fake plastic baits or meshed baits is the way to go. also bare in mind that its more of a night time water, 90% of the fish i get comes in the evenings and after darkness.

hi sorry i hhavnt replyed been at my dads 4 christmas and finaly got my maver 101 :lol: but i fished gedney again first 3 hours got 2 fish but was unhappy with how i was fishing it so moved peg and caught 11 in 2 hours on waggler . lenton is just in well in lenton small village with a pond about an acre recently lost loads of carp so all left are real though and wild fish because it never gets fished but if you fish maggots and micros on your top kit 200 crusians about 6oz easly possible amazin fun but dot float right down . near inglodsby road lenton grantham look on google maps it has a small island in middle .tell me if you find it been fishin past week?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry mate basicaly i went to gedney bout 2 weeks ago for a short session, i fished for 3 hours and only got 2 carp so i decided 2 move by the island and fished waggler bout 6 ft out with corn and meat and recived 11 in 2 hours by just firing 10 pellets every 5 mins sorted and went home a happy man.

p.s bites were tiny none of the bites took the float under and 2 did n i missed them both :oops: but good sesion

Hi Fozzy, I have'nt been this year yet to be honest I'm waiting for the weather to cheer up a-bit, don't get me wrong I'm not a summer deckchair fisherman but I don't see the point in breaking ice and sitting for hours without a bite. I been spending some time in the local tackle shop checking out baits and tackle stuff ready for when I do get out. I noticed you've got a maver 101, I brought the 151 in August last year and really like it although I've only used it a few times had carp to 12lb on it with no problems. Cheers