North view Lakes - Gedney Hill, Lincs

gtitim

hi lee

i can c your point luckly we found some moving water on the rivers so can keep tickin over 4 a wile but luckily warming might get 2 go 2 lake soon with any luck.

yes i got a 101 and staggerd is an understament what a pole 4 that money and with a half meter extension 4 tops a cupping kit with cups an bag i mean wow realy good loking smooth and responsive but i have yet to hook a carp due to weather aaaarrrgggghhhh .but unfortunately my top 3 has broken as not all top kits were inn tubes and something my netbag (main suspect) heavy fell on it and broke it btu im ordering a new 1 2moro still at 15 could do with not spending £45 but my fault so .anyway tell me how u get on and good luck for the weekend if you go.

hey hey tench slime :D sorry about the text talk todays youth and all that :lol: . yeah i can see your point bit cold i might take up snooker or darts haha .went at the weekend did ok got 6 f1s roughly 2lbs a peice and a mirror nearing 3 but short session.this was at ross in pode hole ever been ??i live about 3 miles away , need any tips im happy to help. how is the lenton case coming on always garunteed hundreds of bites no matter if it is frozen and im not exagerating

speak soon and tell me how your getting on.bye

I went to Rossways at Boston Sunday morning, had 6 nice roach and a couple of small perch, I did lose one good fish - which was very frustraiting as I had it on for about 10mins and the hook just pulled. I know lake Ross not fished it since the new owners have taken over (did'nt like the previous ones!). Do they have many match's on there as nearly every time I turned up I could'nt fish due to the lake being booked, would'nt mind having ago in one of there opens though. Gonna try Lovells next I think.

hi tenchslime

havnt been to rossway but might give it a go some time ooo i hate hook pulls especialy on teh biggest of the day in winter always the biggest tha gets away ,storys of the lost monsters haha . ross is under much better new ownership who are happyer to help i know there are lots of sunday matches but dont know if they are opens just call them .they close the gates now but open at 8 promp and the gates look like that have a lock on them but he said it is only looped over the gate so if oyur early just go in. lovells will be hard oyu ever caught there before ??

Don't spose you got a phone number for Ross have you? I've been once to Lovells and had a 11 + 12.5lb out of the old lake in a short evening session, think everywhere is tough at the mo! (I'm just after a few bites). May try Ross as it always was prolific, what baits did you get yours on - I always used to fish near the first big tree on the corner which seemed to be a good spot for lots of smaller ones but I had bigger fish on the far left side.

hey mate

ross 01775 761690

yeah will be tough what tactics are you going to use float or carpin ??

all my bites came on 6 mm natural colour brown pellets so odd couldnt get a bite on any others but my dad got 6 on scopex strange but soft 6mm i think corn will aso be a winner but didnt take any idiot.use a shotgun feeder and micros are essential place pellet in with micros and wait 10 mins all you have to do is cast it around do be acurate and hit the same spot cast anywhere from 20m up to the islands and you will get them.pegs 22 23 are v good lots of open water anywheer along that bank being near the tree is good but it is to cold and they like to stay further out i tryed pole but feeder much better .

I caught them on paste tight into the margins, which is my favourite style of fishing with paste made from pellets, Belchallin (not sure about the spelling - but its crushed shrimp/prawn) and a pinch of salt. Everyone says its full of crayfish but I seemed to get away with it on that day, most people advise fishing with fake baits.

o nice i did my 1st overnighter there i gt a 14 2oz a 10 11 a 4 and a beautiful 16 1oz came at 1 10 in the mornin and then i had 2 stay up 2 watch the rods as most of the alarms wouldnt work haha nto very comfy floor to sleep on though local radio and carling kept me same that night i caught a 11 under a small tree when i threw all my spare bait in on the last cast . i find halibuts are very good and also method always work v well i will give your tips a go the match laake is rubbish .

Lovells is fishing very hard at the moment. Done 6 nights on the old lake since this cold spell has been here, and ive only managed the 2 fish! havnt seen any fish activity for a while now. If i was to fish any where down there it would be infront of pegs 25 and peg 20. Fish tight to the snags and fish with small bright pop-ups. But it is hard going.

halo carpoholic

blimey that is hard going what sizes wheer they ??

i dont know the pegs but i caught from the double peg on the left of the graveyard i caught a 14 2oz on method from the opposite bank quite near the trees with a yellow pop up tucked in so it floated about 1 inch above the method mix in the last half an hour and my dad asleep he didnt even realise i had hooked one typical dad haha well tell me how youo get on bye

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like the boat hut, peg 30? They were just low doubles. The match lake fishes very well during the summer months by the way, often better than the old lake, can catch em from right down the edge, even during the day time. Im down there tomorrow afternoon until weds evening on the old lake, see if the big girls are on the feed yet.

• 2 months later...

hi everyone,

im going to be going to north view fishing lakes next weekend for the first time. Could anyone give me any tips like wheres the best place on the lake and what bait works best and which method do you find the best. How many lakes on the complex? and which one should i fish if i want plenty of action with some doubles.

cheers

Hi JB, there a 2 lakes (call them the large & small ones). The small lake is more of a match style water. If I we're you I would fish the large lake near the island as you walk in. Fish a bait near the island and another in open water (the bottom varies in depth with lots of gullies and plateau's). Bait wise, any quality bait should do well and I usually wrap mine in paste. Good luck mate.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...