THE BLUE LAKE NORTHFLEET KENT

tsd

Guest hairymary123

This takes me back a few years. I use to be a member of Blue Circle.

The lakes we had were Snodland, Stone Castle, Crossways and the lake you speak of.

I never fished it but was warned only fish it mob handed because pikeys can be a problem. Apparently the lake has motorbikes and burnt out cars in it so be aware. I was also told it had some decent carp in there along with some huge shoals of bream. Personally I always like the lake at Snodland despite its' difficulty.

Where else have you fished around that region mate?

i belong to DDAPS SO FISH ALL THEIR WATERS. MEMBER OF NORTHFLEET ANGLING WHICH NOW RUNS BLUE LAKE. THIS HAS RECENTLY BEEN REOPENED BY THEM & IS NOW GATED & PADLOCKED. MEMBERS ONLY HAVE KEYS. A 44LB MIRROR CAME OUT THIS YEAR. STONE CASTLE IS NOW CLOSED . I ALSO FISH THE INN ON THE LAKE WHICH IS ANOTHER NORTHFLEET LAKE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest hairymary123
It's a lovely lake, just have to fish in a group. I spent a night on their last spring, didn't realise how many carp there are in there!

What do you reckon? 200 carp in 15 acres?

Guest hairymary123
I couldn't put a number on it, they were getting reading for spawning and there were fish everywhere, kept me awake all night splashing in the reeds in front of me (was fishing the Reedy swim)

Whenever I walk round that lake, I do feel tempted to give it a bash, but safety is paramount of me.

Are you still on Ruxley mate?

Guest hairymary123
Cemex Sutton lake 3, get a winter ticket now as it is going syndicate next year, and tickets will be offered to excising memebers first. :wink: I'm also on the look out for a new water myself as I'm never going to better this season on Sutton and only have a handful left in there to catch.

I remember seing a few of your early season fish, there were some crackers mate. What have your stats been?

I think Chilham Mill is calling for me, perhaps not this season, but almost certainly the next. I am bored of fishing 2-5 acre lakes with only a handful of 20s present.

Guest hairymary123

I would have to say you sussed out Sutton. I think Slutton would be a more appropriate name, given the amount the fish have put it out there for you.

I can imagine it does get rammed, but there's 25 acres to play with.

Guest hairymary123

I'm still on the Paddock Wood ticket, and have done a campaign down on the speci at the bottom of the hill. I have had them up to 21lb 8oz, but need a change if I'm going to topple my PB.

I have been down to Ringwood now and then, to fish Somerley, but it's too far to fish regularly, regardless of how much I love the area and water.

• 7 months later...