help needed MAYA in france

dpws6

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its not a bad lake really, catch a few fish but dont expect to catch a thirty, if there is any in there then i would be very suprised, the biggest out was 25.2. we caught about 30 fish (about 20 lost due to the snags so take braid if you wish to fish the right hand side of the lake when looking from the lodge). All the fish caught were between 20 and 25 but were in prestien condition as we were one of the first to fish it. You must take a bait boat as the places that look all carpy dont seem to fish so well!!! dont even bother fishing the 2 trees either side of the double swim as they never produced a single fish all week! but hey the look very carpy!

The main problem with the lake is a simple one to get round really, the water and i dont mean the lake i mean the water in the taps, you probably know not to drink it but thats not the biggest problem, its when you shower in it, it smells and stains almost everything! My wifes hair turned ginger and she is normally blond and the other girl on the trip her hair turned green!!! you may not notice this at first but just be warned.

The lake overall is well worth visiting the guy that meets you is cool although he doesnt speak much english, bait wise any boily works but try taking some fluro pop ups as they seems to work well. Also take some mixed pellet. the best place to fish is on the back bank or on the right hand side but remember the snags so use braid. Bait boat essential

All the best buddy

Tight lines enjoy your trip

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

hi I have just got back from maya,had a great week there lovely place but they have still got problems with the water.We had all of our fish from the bank opposite the challets and the one to the right you do have to fish tight to the margins you can see the clear patches on the bottom were the carp patrol.Between 4 of us we only had 17 fish biggest was 27lb mirror,didnt see any signs of anything much bigger .We caught on maize and fishy flavored pop ups.

We got by without a baitboat we used a small rowing boat on site and rowed the baits out each time but if youve got one take it.

Hope this helps.

• 12 years later...

!!!READ THIS COMMENT IN FULL!!! Arrived at this lake Saturday after booking and paying deposit in August 2022. No contact from owner (Nik) from January 2023 and no access to lake on the day. Fortunately was able to obtain a new venue on the day of arrival. Will pursue for refund on return to the UK. !!!AVOID/DO NOT BOOK!!!