Grrrrrrrrr( How Much Is It Going To Cost?)

pineaplepopup

i went to the riddings yesterday and had 3 blinding runs and lost evry one! i changed my line the day before to krystonite and it just broke of half way between the lead and my tip for no reason it never rubbed on any thing either! so i payed £ 17 for the line £15 in rigs £12 to fish , now ive got to go bk to my old line trusted ESP which is another £15, BUT THE MOST HEART BREAKING BIT IS THAT A BLOKE CAUGHT A 31 LB 2 OZ MIRROR WITH MY RIG IN ITS GOB!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD OF BEEN A NEW PB FOR ME AND THE PICS WOULD OF LOOKED GOOD CUZ THIS FISH WAS AEWSOME. IM CONCIDERING SUICIDE BUT I CARNT AFFORD THE FUNERL NOW IVE GOT TO GO OUT AND BY ALL THAT LOT GAIN.

If it didn`t rub on anything then it must have been a dodgy batch,a "Friday afternoon special".......understand where you`re coming from m8,as a month or so I had a screamer,was playing it for about 10 minutes of so,just got it under control,me m8 had the net ready,then ..........ping,wound in and it turned out that the hooklink had snapped about 3 inches away from the swivel!:confused: :confused: brand new freshly tied rig had let me down for no apparent reason,was gutted as it was the only run I had that sesh.:confused:

So it could possibly have rubbed on something and got cut,I`m interested because me and most of my m8s use the same line,and have never had anything like that happen,is the lake a pit or what? wondering if there`s any junk left in there from when it was working if it`s a pit,or flint can be razor sharp.

been using krystonite all season and not had a problem myself have had a bad batch of korda hooklink that snapped between hook and swivel.

30lb carp with 3 rigs in its mouth all snapped off ???? in a one acre lake with no snags??? and was landed just after snapping your line ?????

how did it get the piece of mainline off the swivel ?????

not being critical but are you sure you tied the rig on correctly,we have all lost fish and reeled to find curly piece of line, and no rig, in the early stages of our carp fishing.it soon gets you proficient at tying knots......

no mate this lake is tiny like less than an acre (acording to the board on the fishsery) this lake is perfectly smooth bottmed and i dragged the marker over it anough times, what knot do u use with the line cuz i been using the polarmor knot and im not happy with it? what strain have u got it in?

I use the Palomar,and have done for years and never had a problem with it,alto when I tie it I make sure all the loops are well neat before I start to pull it tight and if it`s the slightest bit crinkly I redo it,and have used the line in 10 and 12 lb,the 10 actual breaking strain is 13.62 lb and the 12 is just a smidge under 14.

hi m8

heres a possible reason for your line parting..large swan mussles.i fished a 2.5 acre pond back home in east yorks and one season it didnt mater what i did in one corner of the pond i lost fish. sometimes the line parted without me even picking up the rod then other times i would be playing a fish then gone. the only way i found out was when i pulled in a mussle which had closed on my hook link.its posible this is your reason?????????????/

Guest Anonymous

Even though you have seen the bottom of this lake and it seems ok, it is impossible to find a lake that is snag free. My bet is it caught on a sharp object, like mussel that has been mentioned or similar. Dont lose confidence in your tackle too quickly.