rig putty

malk

never used rig putty before and rarely use pop-ups, but as the winter draws closer i was going into thinking about those ridiculously coloured luminous boilies and including them in my winter attack, i went armed with a pot of them to my local water and tried to pin them to the deck about and inch - 2 inches up in the water but the damned things just kept floating up. i had around 5 BB shot on the line until i gave up, does anyone reccomend a solution, or a particular brand of putty. I know korda do some and fox etc.......

Solar or Kryston Heavy Metal Putty.

Tie a stopknot on the hooklength at the depth you want to fish above the deck and mould putty around it. If you use Kryston coated braids and fish with the hookend stripped it will attach to the little bit that is the remainder of where you stripped it.

Garnder critical mass. best i have used and i have used a few. It is soft and it is actually STICKY. no knots, or wrapping around lead wire from you leadcore. it even sticks to mono and flurocarbon. And its heavier than the kryston stuff (i have checked):D :D :D

5 BB's for a pop up..... You sure it wasn't a Ping Pong Ball on your hair rig :D :D :D:P

Guest Anonymous

if the baits are to bouyant trim them with a pair of scissors,also you could try squeezing the pop up under water to get them to take in some water then they also wont be so bouyant

Guest Anonymous

5 BB's for a pop up..... You sure it wasn't a Ping Pong Ball on your hair rig :D :D :D:P

Or a football!:D :D

I use heavy metal plus, its fine for what I need.

I've heard good stuff about the gardner critical mass putty but can't get hold of any round here:( :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah thats the stuff Chris. I lost it in my bag the other week and had to use the kryston stuff i had in the box...... what i nightmare. I think i use half the amount of Critical mass to set a 15mm pop up than what i used of the heavy metal. In the end i changed to a lesser bouyant pop up so presentaion was better.

Garnder critical mass. best i have used and i have used a few. It is soft and it is actually STICKY. no knots, or wrapping around lead wire from you leadcore. it even sticks to mono and flurocarbon. And its heavier than the kryston stuff (i have checked):D :D :D

definately the best stuff ive used, the only putty i use nowdays.