Carping in Portugal - worth the faff?

sc7

We're off to Portugal on a family holiday in less than 3 weeks, and me and my Dad fancy having at least one day out carping.

Can anyone fill me on on what we need to do? I've heard we may need special licences, if so how are these obtained?

Any information at all would be appreciated as I'm clueless at the moment.

special licenses are needed and are available for one weekper year....you need to name the water...the date of your intended journey...the duration of your stay.........and last but not least each district has its own set time of the year for applying for these permits, so you may have already missed out :wink:

worth the effort mate, pretty much untapped, trust me :wink:

local council office in your holidayregion will be able to provide details of application dates etc etc........you will need a phrase book :wink:

Good luck....happy fishing

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok! For some reason unknown the message that i posted before does not appear.. To take a license to fish here in Portugal it's the easyest thing.. Go to an ATM machine and (in your language) you can get one.. just follow the steps required. But the license does go to you, if stay in your chair on the beach, with a beer in one of your hands and a cigar on the other.. I'm shure that's easier than in your country.. It's not difficult, any kid can do it.. It's very easy to speak bad of the other services and other countries.. But yours is no better!! Not at all!!! anyway, if you need for some assisatnce i can and will provide some, because i allready saw that you need it..

Best regards

Pedro

if stay in your chair on the beach, with a beer in one of your hands and a cigar on the other.. I'm shure that's easier than in your country.. It's not difficult, any kid can do it.. It's very easy to speak bad of the other services and other countries.. But yours is no better!! Not at all!!! anyway, if you need for some assisatnce i can and will provide some, because i allready saw that you need it..

Best regards

Pedro

Ok thanks :?:?