rig ring v silicone

stevejb

I fish with simple rigs, I don't want to fiddle about with Rig Rings or tiny pieces of silicon when I'm fishing.

I extend the Shrink Tubing from my Line Aligner, so that the hair leaves the hook at the back of the Shank, directly opposite the point of the hook..

If the hair leaves at the bend of the hook and is ejected, then the hook can swing round and leave the Carp's mouth without getting a hold. Therefore down the back of the shank, whichever way the hook goes in the hook stands a good chance of pricking the fish in the lip.

Diagram enclosed, both rigs are made with Super Mantis on Carp-R-us Centurions Size6 (I think) and are 15cm long. You can see where I've stripped the outer coating to.

No problems mate.

I've got it tapped, I tie up fresh Rigs as I'm boiling the Kettle for coffee. The shrink tube on the hooks gets Shrunk in the mug as I pour the Boiling water in;) :D :D :D

Another Lazy way in my fishing Life

I prefer not to use either, i find that on the waters i fish that when you use silicone the carp can use it as an anchor point to blow the bait out of their mouth and rig rings aren't much better, i especially seem to get a few tangles and sometimes having the bait impaled on the hook when i reel in, and when you leave your baits out for anything up to 48 hours this can extract the urine a bit. all i use is a longish (around 3mm from the bait to the bend of the hook) supple hair and to stop tangles i tie the hair to the shank of the hook with pva tape or string.

On my rigs I rarely use anything. I trap the hair to the shank of the hook by using the knotless knot, if I do feel that I need to elongate the shank like in the withy pool rig I use black heatshrink.I also use any of the coloured silicon on my hook lengths/lead arrangement because in my opinion, although the clear silicon looks good on the bank, in the water if you get any air trapped in it,it can give it a silvery appearance