Carp fishing the NENE

Hi all im thinking about fishing the nene in northampton near the A4500 tomorrow night. Was wondering if anybody could fill me in on how the carp fishing is on that stretch of river at this time of year. I plan to fish the bottom hopefully looking for that specimen to beat my pb. Ive heard the Nene is quite good for carp. Anyway your suggestions and recommendations are kindly appreciated

I really dont know the Nene to well. i was planning to go down near the council office buildings. Its the only area I really know however I am open to suggestions Im living near kettering road. i dont own any transport so I was planning to walk with my stuff. Anybody have any recommended spots in Northampton?

I have seen a few people in the past fishing the strech near Ransome road pit before the a45 flyover. i know you can walk to that too. Not sure what the Nene is like behind the council offices. The water in looks right up at that part but where the canoe thing is there is the pathway down the river following the a45. could be worth a look. Never seen anyone fishing there though normally up stream of that to be honest.

ok thanks alot for all the help from everyone. Im going to fish the stretch of the Nene running parallel to bedford road. I google mapped it and switched to satellite view to get a rough idea of the stretch i'll be fishing. Hopefully I can tame a few specimens to kick off the weekend. Im just hoping the weather stays good, better wrap up warm though I can feel those winter nights creeping in :roll: I take it I might well come across a few bream or barbel?