Calderfields GOlf Club - Lakeside Fishery - Walsall

Has anyone fished here ?

I'm getting married here in April 09 and have seen the lake, its stunning. I rang for details and was told by the receptionist that it was open 7.30am until dusk and they charged £10 per rod, seems a little on the expensive side, unless it has the fishing to match? Has anyone fished it or got any further info please ?

it all depends on what your after if it's silvers and small carp your after it's great if it's the bigger carp your after then you'll to work a bit harder and they only go up to about 12lb

and did i mention that you'll need an umbrella cause the golfers play straight over the top and sometimes miss hit the ball and it hurts :(:(

forgot to mention there is also a pool next to calderfields on the stud farm with a large variety of fish roach to 2lb grass carp to 9lb and common and mirrors getting close to 20lb

doesn't look much when you get to it as the banks all slope just like a big bowl but it's good fishing if you target it right

it all depends on what your after if it's silvers and small carp your after it's great if it's the bigger carp your after then you'll to work a bit harder and they only go up to about 12lb

and did i mention that you'll need an umbrella cause the golfers play straight over the top and sometimes miss hit the ball and it hurts :(:(

yeah i looked on the overhead map and it looks like hole 1 fairway cuts through the pool and then another hole the green is right by the lake. Surley that cant be legal with health and safety? It only takes 1 golf ball on the head to kill someone :(

• 1 month later...

i used to fish it alot only used to be £5 per rod but i still stuck 2 out and paid for 1, i never had a bad day there, if your after carp from 4 - 10 pound its sound i caught 9 in 6 hours, worst day ive had is about 6! but wouldnt pay £10 a rod no chance

No text talk please :wink:

i used to fish it alot only used to be £5 per rod but i still stuck 2 out and paid for 1, i never had a bad day there, if your after carp from 4 - 10 pound its sound i caught 9 in 6 hours, worst day ive had is about 6! but wouldnt pay £10 a rod no chance

No text talk please :wink:

:lol::lol: You beat me to it just as i was editing it and you go do it :twisted::twisted::lol:

• 5 years later...

fished here about a month ago and had 16 carp from 4lb up to 7lb and god knows how many roach lost count a lot of them were decent too.

fished it again last week and had 10 carp,4 of which I had on a little float rod and gave me a nice fight. again  bagged too many roach and a perch

was told a 26 came out a few weeks ago by bloke from behind desk..i had the last peg on the left side  as you walk down and fished the method with chickpea as hookbait.

ill try for the big 1 next time I go .golf balls landing on top of my baited area didn't seem to scare the fish much at all I caught all day long.

yeah i looked on the overhead map and it looks like hole 1 fairway cuts through the pool and then another hole the green is right by the lake. Surley that cant be legal with health and safety? It only takes 1 golf ball on the head to kill someone :(

Have a look at Barston, the first tee, goes over one of the smaller pools and the last hole is on an island in the main lake, there are a lot of golf balls in that lake, I have often wondered if the carp show any interest in the lost golf balls, as a play item and not food.