Hooklink Tangles

trb1975

Hope someone can suggest where I may be going wrong. When I use a hooklink material such as silkworm I find that it is getting tangled round my lead. I have tried fixed and running leads, always use anti tangle tubing above the lead but still get this problem. I imagine it is happening on the cast or as the rig hits the water :x If I use a stiff hooklink such as Korda IQ I dont get the problem. Really annoying after not getting a bite for an hour or so I reel in and find the hoolink well and truly tangled!! Any ideas on how to avoid this would be great.

Cheers

Have you tried a little bit of shrink tube at the top of the hooklink onto the swivel?? if not give this ago as it creates a stiff section near the lead and swivels and so keeps most of it away from each other on the cast and also when it hits the water.

Feathering the line to a stop will also force the bait away from the lead and line just before the rig hit water. if you allow this to sink on a tight line you will keep everything apart and not suffer so many tangles.

You will always get tangles with soft braid but sometime the benefit of soft braid is worth the hassle.

:D

Thanks again to those who replied with suggestions. I have been trying some other hooklink materials - Snakebite, Korda IQ etc without problems so may stay with these. However I will try some of the suggestions and give the braid another go as it has been giving me some results on my local water, when it hasnt got tangled!!

Hope someone can suggest where I may be going wrong. When I use a hooklink material such as silkworm I find that it is getting tangled round my lead. I have tried fixed and running leads, always use anti tangle tubing above the lead but still get this problem. I imagine it is happening on the cast or as the rig hits the water :x If I use a stiff hooklink such as Korda IQ I dont get the problem. Really annoying after not getting a bite for an hour or so I reel in and find the hoolink well and truly tangled!! Any ideas on how to avoid this would be great.

Cheers

Use tubing about 6inches longer than your Hooklength.

Stringers and Pva bags help avoid Tangles. Try also using In-Line Leads as well.

Superstiff from Kryston helps and you can concertina it up say into thirds, so you have an extending hooklink.

hi i had the same problem as well but ive started to use the fox anti tangle sleeves what you do is tie on the hook and before you finish off with the swivel slide a anti tangle sleeve thin end on first then tie on swivel and push the sleeve over the swivel and it stops the hooklink from tangling around your lead it has helped me a great deal.