Ultra Stiff Hooklink

chrisa112

Hi all,

I read about an angler using Wychwood Hidden Deception the other day he said it was so stiff that he didn't have to use shrink tubing to get the hook the hook to turn in the carps mouth. Basically he steamed the the rig once it was tied to the right angle he wanted !

1 problem is that i cant find hidden deception ANYWHERE not even on wychwoods website!!.

So basically I'm looking for an ULTRA stiff hooklink that has a supple core!!!

Can anyone help :D

Cheers,

<>Chris

As part of this months gift carpology are giving away hidden deception when you subscribe to their magazine. You get Deep Deception, HIDDEN Deception, High D Deception, Deception and Crimp Link oh and a carpology mug. I know its expensive if you just want that hooklink but this way you get more and 12 issues of the magazine.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if its any use to you, but I have been tying a number of rigs as a Combi rig with a Stiff upper section of Amnesia and then a supple section of Braid at the hook end. If you knotless knot the hook on it makes for an easy life

Loop knot the amnesia at the swivel, then tie an overhand knot at the hook end, but don't pull tight. Thread the braid through the overhand knot and then Uni knot it down the Amnesia, wet and pull both knots tight.

I've found that the best length of the amnesia is a minimum of two thirds of the hooklength to reduce tangles.

The same sort of effect can be created if you want to have the braid section attached to a Rig ring as a junction between the 2 parts. Either way works well as a pop-up or as a bottom bait rig. Putty can be moulded over the knot or the ring to give you your counterweight.

It doesn't PVA Bag very well, because of the stiff upper section, but I've been lowering my hookbaits in on 1 water (Hintlesham), and the pop-up rig gets cast with no freebies around it.