Cuttle Mill

Why does this place get special treatment

I felt this thread was starting to get too personal. My views are the same, regardless of venue.

As for the other thread link, i can't say. I wasn't a mod when that started.

Why does this place get special treatment

I felt this thread was starting to get too personal. My views are the same, regardless of venue.

As for the other thread link, i can't say. I wasn't a mod when that started.

If you read the other thread the posts on bad venues are normally pretty constructive with a reason or series of reasons why a venue is bad.

Fish with Scabs on may be caused by a number of reasons. Immediately after spawning the fish are covered in cuts and sores, is that their fault?

Or yours for fishing for them? Give them time to recover adn a WEEK later they will have pretty much healed.

That is on every water.

I will gladly leave any post with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, but any that are just slagging off someone or something I will delete.

I have removed a series of posts that are extremely personal and denigrating without reason, and got miles off topic. I even dealt with the Slagging off off why a Topic was removed. Incidentally if you wish to moan at why a topic or post is removed, then asking a Moderator or Admin via PM is more likely to get a nicer response than posting threads on the board asking about it.

Now the topic is Cuttle Mill>

Cuttle Mill has been part of Carp Fishing for a long time, and is part of its History. It has been publicised as a water where you have to work for your fish, and you live by the rules and regulations of the place. The drawing for swims, it may or may not rule out watercraft. Arriving and filling in a swim with Bait may work against you, but sometimes may produce a big hit. No matter what swim you get you are still going to have to work for your fish, so that means the watercraft element is still involved, or maybe many don't think enough about watercraft :twisted: , just thinking it means turning up and looking for fish isn't watercraft. It can mean how you present your bait and how you bait up. That is a separate topic in itself (and there are threads on the subject).

Cuttle Mill a water where many PB's have been broken, where many have had their first 20.

You have even had a response from the Owner on the thread and what he has said holds true.

im sure if one of the haters of the place got asked there to fish it for free and had a new pb they;d soon be boasting about the place

its not fair to assume people would accept a free ticket to fish anywhere there are places and people i would not fish or fish with on principal if you offered to pay me, :twisted: this point has now been removed 3 times without anyone telling me why , Joe and i know each other we are friends we pm each other regularly, we just dasagree over this one small point yet this post has been removed 3 times what is so offensive or frightening about it , if your going to remove it again please have the curtisy to explain why :evil:

im sure if one of the haters of the place got asked there to fish it for free and had a new pb they;d soon be boasting about the place

its not fair to assume people would accept a free ticket to fish anywhere there are places and people i would not fish or fish with on principal if you offered to pay me, :twisted: this point has now been removed 3 times without anyone telling me why , Joe and i know each other we are friends we pm each other regularly, we just dasagree over this one small point yet this post has been removed 3 times what is so offensive or frightening about it , if your going to remove it again please have the curtisy to explain why :evil:

The reason it was removed is because there was no explanation as to why you wouldn't fish it!

The reason it was removed is because there was no explanation as to why you wouldn't fish it!

He spoke generically so i answered generically,if he had referred to me personally ,i would of answered , i'll go ,but if i don't get the pb he promised he pays 8)

Saw Des Tayler video at C M yesterday it looked quite pleasant back when monkey climbers were the norm does it still look like that? :)

yes mate ive got that video too :) It looks just like that lol. Its probably nicer actually because the trees and stuff would of grown more. See you was putting the place down and you hadnt even been, now you realise how nice the place is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Went on Monday dint catch anything but thats not unusual for me.

Had a realy good day thought the big breakfast was especaly tops. :) Think there was only three fish out allday but i dont supose thats bad for winter especaly of the back of all that cold weather.

Have a good time this weekend Baldrick and dont forget its not someone eltses swim if you can cast to it fro your peg. :lol::lol:8)

• 1 month later...

Went to cuttle mill with my mate choddy b, monday after not managing to go when last intended. I blanked but choddy managed 3 from peg 1, weighing 18lb8oz, 28lb1oz (pb), 22lb1oz. So i acted as generally gilly. I returned to the mill on today undefeated and managed a 14lb4oz common fom peg 9, Result. If no ones ever fished it and reading this its truely a cracking venue and a chance of a new pb with every visit.

Baldrick