Hunstrete main lake

Hi, planning on doing a session on this lake, i have fished before but i often get pestered by bream. I was just wondering if anyone has fished this lake recently, if so can you please give some tips and maybe some information how it is fishing etc... Thanks, Lashy147

• 4 months later...
Plenty of high 20s and several 30s coming out.Bristol Bait Supplies CS1 boilies have been taking the place apart from what I hear but don't ignore surface tactics.

Not sure where that info come from. I'd say more like quite a few 20's a few high 20's and one fish that goes between 29 and 33lb depending on hte time of year :wink: I know the lake had two 30lb fish introduced a long time back and as far as I know these are now mid 20's. Its the second time in 10 years or so the club has stocked fish at low 30's and the second time they just drop back in weight. WHen will they ever learn?

• 2 months later...
  • 14 years later...

Thanks for using your first post so eloquently. Yes it did have KHV a few years ago and they did lose a lot of big fish. The lake was shut for several months as per DEFRA's instructions but it has recovered. There are several good 30's and Blush makes an appearance at 40lb+. Although it's a days only water, they do have a few overnight matches and the average size is usually pretty high. Not an easy water but the rewards are there.