WHAT IS THE BEST HOOKLINK  

14 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT IS THE BEST HOOKLINK

• kryston snakebite
    • Korda IQ
    • Korda hybrid
    • Stealth Skin

Guest Anonymous

i cant really say which is best out of them as ive only used IQ, but i think IQ is very good due to the anti-eject properties and the visibility is very poor underwater, good for the wary fish:D

after loosing 2 fish on a recent session I have gone back to amnesia and silmworm cobi rigs as korda stuff just aint up to the job

my self and my Dad both snapped hooklinks I was using hybrid he was using IQ both in 15 lb both using 12lb mainline at distance

this is about the thrid time this has happened to me, shame as the rigs are supperb if not a little messy to setup

There is no "best" hooklink to use,each one has different applications.But if I had to choose 1 it'd be Camo Skin with a spool of Double Strength for surface fishing.

after loosing 2 fish on a recent session I have gone back to amnesia and silmworm cobi rigs as korda stuff just aint up to the job.

My self and my Dad both snapped hooklinks I was using hybrid he was using IQ both in 15 lb both using 12lb mainline at distance

Another satisfied customer :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

to right when i first started using iq way before hybrid came out it was fine and I did allot of locked up style fishing and never had a problem but now its random spool slector time with korda gear some are fine others are snapping as way under the breaking strain

this last spool I had is teribble I would say 6lb in places

their quality control is naff - its even put me off the longshank hooks ive been using

right if i had 1 hooklength material for the rest of my life and no others id defineately say 12 and 15lb berkeley big game(green) mono or black amnesia ( hard choice really but the big game can be used over nearly all bottoms whereas i dont like fishing black amnesia over clean bottoms ). 3rd choice would be kryston merlin in 15lb.

but to be honest no ones gonna have just one hooklength forever but for me it has to be good old mono for most of my fishing, i keep changing but coming back.