Newlands Hall Fishery Big Lake?

Hi all...

After hearing about newlands hall from a friend I decided to give it a go.

I fished this lake ( brook lake ) quite a lot last year. from my experience the lakes seemed to be very well looked after with friendly bailiffs. The site is kept clean with bins allocated around the lakes so it's easy to discard of rubbish.

I have seen some fish in poor conditions and also some cracking fish. I seem to be fairly lucky and hook the nice looking carp where as my friend has pulled out fish in a poor state numerous times. I have only ever caught carp from the lake and so has my friend. Biggest being around 15lb. Think they go up to around 25lb i think but not to sure of this. Just what iv heard. Average size low doubles. Had a number of good days over there in the summer using halibut pellets and small pva bags. All in all a decent runs water from what I have witnessed.

If you wanna catch carp all day. Get to newlands hall! Great runs water to get a bend in the rod. Hope this has been helpful to some. Feel free to ask Any questions carp1971.

Tight lines!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies about how its fishing :roll::roll:

If anybody fancies fishing the place, then all the old stories about it being filthy dirty etc etc...get your ass over there, the Baliff has done a wonderful job...only thing he cannot stop is the amount of people who fish the place at the weekend....my advice is move away from the lines and you will catch. That would be my only gripe about the place with its over crowding...oh and the Wedding Music...if i heard Rhianna once we heard it 7 times....I didnt mind as me and my mate had a bet about it and I was £6 up :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway considering the Frost over night I managed 2 Fish but lost 4....I must check my rigs :oops::oops:

This lake had some problems (like a lot of lakes) with fish stealing it went down a couple of years ago and needed a lot of TLC .

It was a complete "dive" since then there appears to be some improvements and needed them too.

The loo's was in a terrible state so bad yu could actually smell them from a quarter of a mile away !

Fishing was the same !

Newlands problems was magnified that there are much better lakes in the area . Birds green (the lager brigade) crow green (cat and sturgeon brigade and general fishing) and A12 cuton lakes (hot air brigade) (there is also Arruns lake in mountnessing.(general carp). also a day ticket lake on the A414 next to the texaco garage "ongar" carp and tench mainly up to about 25lbs..yu pay at lake ! (if they come to collect the money)note this use to be a BDAC lake ..(nursery lake)

• 11 months later...

i have fished newlands for over 15 years on and off, i only get away for a fishing session once a year for a weekend as i live in devon but all my fishing buddies still live in london (s.e.). newlands has always been the no.1 spot for us, we have tried several other fisheries over the years but we always go back to newlands as all others have not lived up to the standards that we have grown to expect from newlands. we always catch there and quite often when other anglers are blanking using all the latest baits etc, we are catching on method using corn as hookbait. the bailiffs have always been very friendly and helpfull. there were crayfish and there were lots of mink, years ago there were rats and mice and water voles but that is nature. perhaps if all anglers respected this water there would be less of the unwanted vermin. i am in the process of planning my next fishing weekend and i will be going to newlands, i would recommend it to anyone who asked me where to fish around the south of the country. carp between 4lb and 25lb are the quarry and you can catch plenty of them. No.1 venue for me.