Were to go

method30

Hi Close the Curtains.

Method 30 asked about a lake - 30 minutes later he receives a reply - 4 minutes later he says thats sounds good.

Might be better if he has a choice of more than one venue, especially as that recommendation has been written by their booking agent - what say you.

Give the guy a chance :lol:

If you would like any further information about us - Method 30 - please do not hesitate to contact us.

All the best Berny and Gordon

p.s

Pompey is not at all spamming he is just giving members an account of his visit to our lakes - anglers would sooner read what visitors to lakes have to say than what owners/agents have to say about their venues

Here is my review from when i went to Rushes.

Myself, Brother and 3 mates and 2 wives set off on a Friday evening for a ferry crossing with Speedferries from Dover to Boulogne. The crossing was efficient as usual and we were booked into a Formula 1 hotel in Boulogne as my mates had travelled down from Manchester already.

When we eventually found the hotel after wanting to strangle the satnav woman on quite a few occasions for wanting to send us the wrong way, we found the hotel to be basic but an adequate place to get heads down for a couple of hours. For 29 euros per room we couldnt complain.

We set off around 08.00 on Saturday for the trip down to the lake which is not far from Le Mans. The journey itself was straightforward only going on about 3 roads for the journey which took about 4 hours.

It was my second visit to this lake and upon arrival the lake looked as stunning as it did before and after the usual warm welcome from Kim and Iain the owners and a cup of coffee we were gagging to get fishing.

The week was a hectic one fishing wise with myself and my brother sharing a swim taking 69 fish over 14lb during the week up to high 20's. At one point i even considered taking my rods out of the water in order to get some sleep. The rest of the group did nearly as well but didnt fish all the nights as their wives were with them so they wanted a break. In fact one of their wives caught the best looking fish of the week a stunning linear carp over 27lb.

One of the other guys with us hooked into one of the big catfish that reside in the lake on the Tuesday evening and battled with it for 30 minutes before it slipped the hook about 10 yards from the bank. Having witnessed the fight i was gutted for him.

We were on the food package which included breakfast and evening meal. That was more than enough to keep us going through the day as the food is fantastic and there is so much of it you need to go on a diet upon return home.

Saturday soon came round and so came the end of another great trip and so began the trek home after bidding farewell to Kim and Iain.

Perhaps the mods would tidy this thread up as i can see it the guy asked about Rushes Lake and the thread has for whatever reason been changed to start talking about another lake. :?:

I have fished Rushes on a couple of occasions and had a thoroughly enjoyable time with lots of quality fish caught and some great food consumed with excellent hosts. I would certainly have no hesitation in recommending Rushes to anyone looking for an out and out runs water.

As fishery owners for nearly 5 years it was always our intention to let our passion for Rushes & indeed for France encourage more anglers to come and fish in this beautiful country. The more anglers we, as owners, tempt to France the better for everyone. There is a venue in France for everyone and for every carp angler there is in the UK each has their own opinion of their perfect venue.

It saddens me that a thread about us has degenerated in such a way.

Method I do hope you find a wonderful place to go where the hosts & the fishing are as good as you deserve.

Close the Curtains...I appreciate you being one of our more 'enthusiastic' anglers!!!! & if by 'any connection' Berny well yes maybe...after coming here so often I suppose we do regard him, as with so many of our 'anglers' as friends.

cheers moosh

foa mrs_rusheslake:

i too am sorry, i was just trying to help the guy out with another choice of lake, and didnt expect your friend to get so personal, im sure your lake is a great place, and do know a couple of people who have been to your place, and absolutely loved it,

long may your success continue

Just to clear things up a bit (for those who didn't read the thread before it was edited by the original poster) the topic was for advice on where to go (look at the title) :roll: so it's understandable if there has been some confusion if the original poster has changed the theme from "where to go" to "advice on rushes lake", as for the spam/pickle posts how exactly are you helping the guy yourself? by attacking anyone who decides to reply to the original post thats REALLY HELPFULL :idea: (NOT!!)

ok mods i think this has gone far enough time to tidy the thread now i think and finally to Method30 good luck wherever you decide to go mate

Tight lines

Just an observation frenchmandan. The original post is the original post and wasnt edited as you have suggested as i read it just after it was posted.

Anyway that was just my observation.

I see a couple of people have tried to put the thread back on topic only for others to come back and change take it off topic again.

Once again good luck Method.

Strange thing is that there are a juat a few venues that continuously advertise on the forums and the only ones where recommendations are allowed, why is that??? If they are so good they would be booked at least a year in advance!! Just a thought for the guys looking for a new venue in France

Usually browse this forum aswell as a few others, just thought i'd add my views on Rushes. I've been there twice now, once in september07 and in Januray08. Both times went with Hookedonfrance who were quality in sorting everything out.

In september i had absoloutely shed loads of fish, average size was 17/18lb and my biggest was 24lb i think, i was there for the social side of it and had great company on my side of the bank.

In January, obviously it was much colder and i struggled compared to September, still managed more than your average of fish and still had an absoloutely awesome time.

Kim & Iain are absoloutely spot on in the way they run there lake, the food is out of this world literally, top notch grub from day 1 till day 7. Great Facilities and superb hospitality. You can just chill, have your socials, have your giggles and still catch fish. In my opinion that's what i go to France for.

I went with hookedonfrance both times and like i've said they were quality and i would definetly use them again, they've got loads of other lakes on there books.

Rushes is right up there with the rest of them and that just shows with them practically being fully booked this year. I might even try to sneak another trip in sometime soon, depending on availability obviously.

Before anyone states i'm brown nosing etc...... i've written reviews on this lake twice on other forums, so i've not come on here just to wind anyone up, the guy asked for some information, he's got it in my post. I was impressed wth the place.

Get on the catcherbaits as well..... :wink: definetly rips this lake apart

Thanks all for your replys i think we are going to book on rushes and see what happens im a big beliver in fish the water yourself and make your own mind up we have fished alot of waters in england were other carpers have said dont fish this lake for what ever reason and we have had so great weekends. you cant beat inside info when it comes to fishing france because i have heard a lot of people that have had really bad experiances with lakes ie silt weed and being hammered with cray fish not my idea of a great weekend away. cheers again and tight lines to all :D