rushes lake

sturgmaster

I have Rushes 5 times now and have booked to fish it again in June, the first time I fished it was june 2006, I took 50 fish out up to 35lb over only 5 days fishing and no nights, the average size was about 17/18lb.

June 07 fished the opposite side this time, my mates had my swim from the year before and tore the place to pieces, they took out over 100 fish up to 28lb, his average size was 19lb

I had 33 fish out, the biggest being 29lb, average size was 21/22lb, my mate in the swim beside me had 34 fish out up to 28 and his average was also 21/22lb.

I was there again in Oct 07 and was back in Bluecamp, I had 45 fish out the biggest being 29lb 2oz, average size was again 21/22lb, my mate who was opposite me, him and his wife had close on 100 fish out, biggest being 27lb+ his average was 23lb never seen someone land so many twentys in quick succesion.

I was back there again in Jan this yr for a winter session, I didn't do as well as expected, I only took 20 odd fish out, the biggest being 26lb, average weight about 18lb, my mate opposite me who had done so well in Oct did the same again, he had an excellent week, run after run, with the biggest being 28lb+, there average weight was about 19lb.

All in all this is an excellent water that won't be beaten if you are after runs, the fish are all in tip top condition, they go like mad when you hook into them, the fights are long so expect sore arms, they also like a lot of grub, though this doesn't mean that you won't get on them if you don't take alot of bait.

Hope thats enough info for you? just abit surprised that you book somewhere without finding all this out first :shock:

Enjoy your trip.

Hi mate.....Yes the food,hosts,facilities and the venue are excellent, and the fishing is awesome.There are loads of 20's and quite a few 30's to go at.Some are upper 30's.There are cats to fish for as well and I believe there is a cat that will go to 80lb plus.

Tell me,have you visited their web site and why on earth would you book somewhere without doing a bit of homework first? Lets face it it's a long way to go and at a lot of money to spend only to be disappointed.BUT I guarantee you will not be dissappointed going to Rusheslake.They know what a Carp angler wants from their holiday and they certainly know how to look after theis guests. I know,I've been there.

Good luck, not that you'll need it :wink:

I am going in a group and i didn,t do the booking,we did go on there w/site so we did get as much info as poss, but i have to say we,ve done this before to find that what is shown is not what you get,many things are said on forums about places yet is not what you find when you arrive,??

I am going in a group and i didn,t do the booking,we did go on there w/site so we did get as much info as poss, but i have to say we,ve done this before to find that what is shown is not what you get,many things are said on forums about places yet is not what you find when you arrive,??

All I can say is what pleases one doesn't necasserily please the other which is the case for most things in life.

Having been to Rusheslake I feel I can say that you will be very well looked after and Kim and Iain are spot on hosts and will help in any way they can.They won't put the fish on your hooks though,that's down to you :lol::lol:

I am going there later this year with some friends.This will be my 2nd time there and looking forward to it.

One other thing,if you are having the food package I should starve yourself before you go,Kim is an excellent cook and there's plenty if not too much food to eat :wink:

Hi Sturgmaster

We are only too happy to answer questions and help prepare you for your holiday. I always tell the group leader that we are only too happy to do this. I dont know about you but the anticipation and being well prepared is always an important part of your week. Anyway hope you have scoured through the net and found plenty of others experiences of Rushes, and we look forward to welcoming you here later in the year.